Flux / XL Super Heavy Duty Dogbones

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frddyj

SUPER HEAVY DUTY DRIVE SHAFT/AXLE SET

Part # : HPI- 100415
Retail Price: I paid $75.00 at LHS
Kit includes:Flux/XL Dogbones, pins, diff cups, o-rings, and axles (standard length, not XL extended) .

100415_02.jpg

After i got my F back from its Crashmod, it proceeded to snap 4 hpi stocker dog bonz and bent 4.

After talking with my LHS, they recommended that i try the Hpi HD bones which did not last the length of this video clip without snapping 2 and bending 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5C6vURWeLDw

After talking the situation over with Bank, he mentioned that he upgraded to Flux Bonz hpi part # 100415 so i decided to give them a try.

Quality - 10 - these are high quality hpi parts. Excellent fit & finish & strong
Price - 9- $75.00 at LHS. Worth the price in replacement bonz.
Installation-10 no modification here. Unbolt & remove old, install new, your done.
Basher Functionality-10 so far these bonz have taken the power of a modded mill.
Overall - 9.75

Conclusion:
These bonz are much thicker and my experience with them has proven them to be much stronger than the stocker or HD savage dog bonz.

Installation was simple, it came with instructions, that arent really needed if youve ever opened a diff and replaced a dogbone.

Since installing i have run several tanks with my F, about 3/4 to a gallon on my new modded picco and jumped hard enough to damage my RSC and have not broken, snapped, tweaked or scratched a bone.

However- i say "basher functionality" because i only bash & have no race experience. I have heard bank say that these bonz are bigger/thicker & add 'rotational mass' to your drive train which isnt wanted by a racer.

If you are a basher & are looking for a strong dog bone to be used in a hard-core bashing application, take a good look at this kit, i am very happy with it. Additionally, i found a set of 4 extra bonz n.i.p. on the bay for $10.00

Last edited by a moderator:
Might get that eventually, seeing as how I INTEND on getting an upgraded mill soon... Nice review fredward

I love these bones they take what every you throw at them. As far as rotational mass gos the XL has more with a lame mill. We run piccos and such so the added mass means nothing. I give these bones a solid 10 out of 10. I have been on my set for about a year w/o a single mishap. I got my kit for 60 shipped.

i run a set off these as well and ill rate them at a solid ten as well they have been through everything i can throw at them and they are still straight. i paid about 110 as i went with the xl extended axles

** update **

Ive run about 2 gallons thru modded mills on these bonz & you see how hard we bash.

Bonz are straight as an arrow, no bends, breaks or snaps.

This upgrade has been worth every penny!

bump for aj, anyone else give these a try? how'd you like em?

Putting a set of these on the racer despite the rotational mass. Lol I love them. Bought a set of extra bones just in case though.

I have this on my savage now. They seem to be holding up much better than the standard HD bones on my X SS. The axles and diff cups are in perfect shape and I only have 1 slightly bent dogbone but that is from running into a tree at wot. They are taking the power of bank's old LRP just fine. :)

I have had no troubles with mine either. That's saying a lot, because my XL got ran over by a FedEx delivery truck (runaway). HPI replaced my chassis plates and gave me a new set of shocks (only 2 had broken shafts LOL) and the front right wheel assembly was smashed. The antenna got pulled out as well. The chassis was not bent that bad really considering what it went through. One new wheel assembly and 2 shock shafts. and the truck could have been driveable again if it weren't for the antenna missing. Props to HPI for the great customer service. I guess my point is that my truck got crushed and not one dogbone needed replacing LOL.

yeah, if a r/c parts gets run over by a truck & lives, then its pretty good imo.

Been on my set for about 2gal. Plenty of twisted/broke/bent stockers and shiny bones in my past, not anymore.

Got the xl axles, bulks with diffs and bones at seperate times for my x with a spare set of bones just in case off fleabay. Haven't needed any spares basically. It's a worthwhile upgrade

Been on my set for about 2gal. Plenty of twisted/broke/bent stockers and shiny bones in my past, not anymore.

Got the xl axles, bulks with diffs and bones at seperate times for my x with a spare set of bones just in case off fleabay. Haven't needed any spares basically. It's a worthwhile upgrade

sweet..........

update. these are now on the flux which i pound the crap out of.

still getting my money's worth. :rock1:

I might as well update too. I went bl with a mmmv3 and 2200 motor on 4s, cranked down the spur and the same bones have been taking a beating. But as I've read around, a 4s system is pretty mild

Members online

Back