flux or nitro

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iknownothing

when i started it was nitro or electric now i see brushless motors and new batteries making things a lot more complicated.

i was thinking of a savage but those hpi videos make the flux look reallllly nice

whats some of your honest opinions if you could only have one?

i don't mind engine tweaks but the flux looks sick.

new batteries and talk of smoked escs seems a little scary though

what i am looking for is an hour 3 or 4 times a week, general bashing and some speed runs and a 13 year old who will more then likely dump it from time to time

either route you take you will be pleased, but id also recommend a lot of research prior to purchasing so your sure its what your after. brushless is an expensive game to play with lipos, chargers, power supplies, upgrades (flux means power means broken parts, lol) nitro you want to have a good base knowledge of tinkering. i suggest you tube both over and over, watch lots of videos decide what you want then we can help you from there with YOUR decision. That way your not influenced into anything, and you get your true pick!

Since winter is coming up it might be easier to work with vise the nitro in the winter. Brushless is user friendly year round and I have know people to have problems tuning during the winter. Brushless does not require to much maintenance vise the nitro. Brushless is fast and nitro motor require modifications to keep up with the brushless. Nitro fuel can get expensive while the LiPo's are one shot deals and last a fairly long time when used with proper care.

Since winter is coming up it might be easier to work with vise the nitro in the winter. Brushless is user friendly year round and I have know people to have problems tuning during the winter. Brushless does not require to much maintenance vise the nitro. Brushless is fast and nitro motor require modifications to keep up with the brushless. Nitro fuel can get expensive while the LiPo's are one shot deals and last a fairly long time when used with proper care.

what he said

first, welcome to the forum, good to have ya here. here are my opinions:

when i started it was nitro or electric now i see brushless motors and new batteries making things a lot more complicated.
theyre not really complicated at all, the technology is a bit different and you cant over-discharge them but its nothing you cant learn or cant handle. especially if you need help, you got 8,000 members here at your disposal.

i was thinking of a savage but those hpi videos make the flux look reallllly nice

whats some of your honest opinions if you could only have one?

Both Nitro and B/L electric are kick butt in their own right. most of us have or have had both nitro and electric. i could have kept both but parted out and sold my nitro savage after i built a flux because, although i loved the nitro, with the limited time i get to run trucks each week, i couldnt see myself choosing the nitro over electric because i was havin way too much fun with the electric.

new batteries and talk of smoked escs seems a little scary though
no doubt there will be some factory defects with equipment, but i'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the largest number of smoked esc's and grenaded batteries come back to user error either in the form of buying low-quality lipos that are "a great deal for the money," over discharging them or failing to set hard LVC.

what i am looking for is an hour 3 or 4 times a week, general bashing and some speed runs and a 13 year old who will more then likely dump it from time to time

Again, its really a matter of personal preference. I love my flux. my 5 year old son loves his nitro hellfire. We both love the power of the b/l electric and sometimes the sound of a real nitro engine.

Members online

Back