Flux battery boxes-any other options?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIG-block

Hi all. I was wondering if there is an aftermarket option for the Flux battery boxes. I am converting a XL and want to run it on 8S. I will never be able to fit a 4S battery that I would be happy with in the stock battery compartment. Length and depth are fine but the width is an issue. I need something closer to 40mm wide but even wider would be better.
I started to make battery boxes my self out of alloy but I am not exactly thrilled with them. Bit too heavy and my metal folding skills are best described as bellow average.

So any of you guys know of anything else out there?

maybe you could build a little trailer to haul those huge packs around & all the parts that 8s is going to destroy.

maybe you could build a little trailer to haul those huge packs around & all the parts that 8s is going to destroy.

Maybe. LOL. Well I bought the Savage after hearing how tough they are and destroying many parts on my (cough) Revo (cough). HPI say that diffs are bulletproof but I would like to see if they are 8S proof. Lets see what happens but I promise I wont be back on here complaining about broken driveline parts. OK?

Cwheeling, I have seen where people put the batts inside the chassis, in between the TVPs. I have thought about doing that as well but I think it might raise the COG. It's a MT and just by their nature they aren't the best handling RC's out there. I really don't want to make it worse. Still if I have no luck with getting proper battery box setup I might just have to try what you suggested as well.

Latest posts

Members online

Back