Flux 2350 goes for throttle for no reason

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Da_Penguin

GDay Savage owners.

I have have owned my Savage Flux 2350 for about 2 years and have always had a problem that occurs every few runs.

The truck engages full throttle forward and disappears into the distance for no apparent reason. The weird thing is that the Spectrum transmitter is typically set to only 65% so my kids can use it, so full throttle should not be available from the transmitter.

I have tried to trouble shoot this with the following:

1) Replaced ESC with brand new
2) Replaced the Spectrum transmitter (DX3S was replaced by DX3c)
3) Re-bind the receiver

This problem is bad enough now that my kids are scared of the truck especially after it did this the other day at a camp ground and could have injured a kid. Luckily it hit a caravan at full speed and flipped it (broken shock tower) rather than hitting a person.

Any help is appreciated as this is now stopping me and my kids from enjoying using my Savage.

Setup is as follows:
  • Savage Flux 2350
  • All standard except for Spectrum transmitter and receiver
  • Running 2 x 2S LiPo batteries

Where is your low voltage cutoff set to? Perhaps your batteries are draining too far. Also, check your receiver antenna. Could be losing signal for some reason.

I plugged in the Castle Link and all the settings are at default. Low voltage cutoff is set to Auto. I updated the firmware while I was in there. I re-bound the receiver.

A person I was speaking to the other day had suggested that perhaps the receiver was loosing power due to the high load on the batteries with the kids typically going really slow and the only 60% throttle available. He suggested getting an external battery pack for the receiver to ensure it always had power supply.

Latest posts

Members online

Back