flm tranny forward

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
quality looks awesome. i personally don't care for the design

bob-orcusomega built one as did jake (trying to remember his s/n)

theyre the only two i know who have used it. I'm sure if you pm, they'll tell you their thoughts.

someone help me out with jake's s/n, he did a build thread on this.

Hello guys, I am wondering if anyone on-site has had experience with this set-up and would like to hear comments either way.
Thanks ahead.
http://www.rc-monster.com/proddetail.php?prod=FLM49000TFsavage&cat=31

I know this post is 3 months old but, hopfully I can help. I have this kit from FLM. As usaul it is to the high standards the FLM is known for. All of the plates are engrave to tell you what they are used for. I.E ESC tray, radio tray etc. THere were no instructions included with my kit. I had to go online and look at some pics someone else posted, to put it together. The battery holder is ok but I put some velcro on the frame to make sure the battery doesn't move about.

Bottom line it is just a nice kit.

PM me if you have anymore questions

I know this post is 3 months old but, hopfully I can help. I have this kit from FLM. As usaul it is to the high standards the FLM is known for. All of the plates are engrave to tell you what they are used for. I.E ESC tray, radio tray etc. THere were no instructions included with my kit. I had to go online and look at some pics someone else posted, to put it together. The battery holder is ok but I put some velcro on the frame to make sure the battery doesn't move about.

Bottom line it is just a nice kit.

PM me if you have anymore questions

got any pics of it? how do you like it?

got any pics of it? how do you like it?

Sorry bro but, I didn't take any pics of it afterwards. :duh: Also, it got packed up with the rest of my stuff. I am in the middle of a move to the states. I won't be able to take any in till May.

I will tell you the kit is just great. The motor mount is fully adjustable. The pieces are thick and strong and probably could take any kind of abuse. The fit and finish were the best I have seen in awhile.

The only con is the lacking of instructions. I was able to figure it out from going online and looking at some else’s post from a different form. My biggest issue was the battery hold down. FLM includes a Velcro strap that is suppose to work with the metal one on the kit. (Look on the left side of the chassis towards the rear. There is a slot that a small stand off goes.). I never use this because it would loosen up and allow the battery to move. I fix the issue by using additional Velcro strap. I didn’t have an issue afterwards.

Other than what I said above, the kit is perfect. The chassis handles with good steering. It stays pretty flat in the turns. Mind you, all I did was taking a savage 4.6 RTR and unbolt the front and rear and bolt on the new chassis. Never messed with the shocks and was using the stock servo from the truck. With some adjustment to the shocks and springs it would be a good setup.

One last thing is the truck got heavy. Like it is 10 lbs or 4.53kg by itself. Even with the weight and the tranny forward it would still pull the front wheels off the ground. I was only using a 25c 7.4v 3400 mah single pack in it!

My only issue was on me. I didn’t budget in better packs to feed this beast. I am not fed up with it but, I sort of miss my nitro.

For the rest out there. If you want something different from all the fluxs out there and got a nitro collecting dust. I would go with this kit. :cheers:

i got one of these kits I'm gonna be selling right away, just gotta get some pictures of it, but as stated it does look top notch. i wish i still had a flux to use it on.

Latest posts

Members online

Back