Flat battery run away truck !

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jmapp94

Hi,

New to all this, just purchased my first truck so please bare with me, took it out for its first spin when it arrived, after about ten minutes the battery was low on charge and the truck lost signal with the controller and locked on full throttle and there was nothing I could do, is there any Solution to this ? I have since fitted the hpi battery level indicator.

Thanks.

are you using a 6 volt hump battery for this rig? make sure it is fully charged and ready for running before starting it up...

are you using a 6 volt hump battery for this rig? make sure it is fully charged and ready for running before starting it up...

Thanks for the reply
It is the 6v battery yes, and I do always make sure it's charged before i run it.

If that battery had a full charge and then you lost it might be that hump not holding charge and time to replace it. Bad cells. Is the return spring install right? That thing should of close the carb when power was lost.

The easy remedy is to use a 'fail safe' type receiver. You set it so the throttle goes to idle if signal is lost. Tou can purchase separate 'fail safe' devices, but these have to have their own receiver to work.

The easy remedy is to use a 'fail safe' type receiver. You set it so the throttle goes to idle if signal is lost. Tou can purchase separate 'fail safe' devices, but these have to have their own receiver to work.

Not true, I have several failsafes that plug into the throttle channel and the servo plugs into a port on the failsafe, these work very well, in fact I still use a couple on my trucks that are not upgraded to a failsafe receiver unit as yet.....

I have learnt from the help of the kind people on the RCTalk forum that multiple measures are the best approach.

- Hump pack (charged) and batterly level indicator
- Fail safe that locks the brakes on if radio signal is lost
- Throttle return spring just in case everything goes pear shaped.
This is the spring I put on my HPI Trophy:

Thanks for your replys guys,

I don't get much time to play about with it during the week so I'm going to have a look at these fail safes and a return spring, also going to pop down to the local shop, as I say I'm a complete newbie with it being my first truck.

The newest XL's have a failsafe in the 2.4 system, but you must test it.

If you have the servo reversed, your failsafe may put it to full throttle. You may need to reset.

Latest posts

Members online

Back