Fitting the body AND the optional engine guard

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raymond

This is probably a stupid question, but how does one fit the body with the engine guard on? I cannot get it to fit. Do I have to cut a part of the body?

Depending on the body, yes, I've had to adjust several bodies. You could always get some type of SUV body and that would likely clear it.

Yes, you have to cut a channel in the back of the cab to fit over the roll bar thingy. This is my Flux HP with a nitro body on it that I cut bits out of to allow me to run the roll bar that would go over the engine in a nitro version:
2018-0630-SavageFlux-TopBodyOn.jpg

Can't really see the cut out in my X... I don't have any good photo's of that:
2019-0417-SavageX-17mmHub-TrenchersBody.jpg

Thanks for your reply. Are there any side effects associated with running the truck without the body?

The body allows the truck to slide on the roof. Without that, the shock towers dig into the ground and that tends to break shocks/shock caps/towers. The roll bar also digs into the ground and will get ripped off/broken.

Think of the body as a big skid plate. :)

Oh okay, good to know, thanks. One last thing, I have heard mixed opinions on the engine guard. Does it really help or not?

It's kept my engines from scuffing the ground. It's not unbreakable, but it does very well for what it is.

Oh okay, good to know, thanks. One last thing, I have heard mixed opinions on the engine guard. Does it really help or not?
It keeps the nitro engine from digging into the ground when landing on a rear angle. When landing directly on the engine, you then at least have some soft plastic between it and the ground, so it absorbs some of the impact. I'm not sure it does a ton for an electric savage, but I installed it anyway on mine. It at least helps the rear body mounts from grinding off when your on concrete and land on the roof.

Latest posts

Members online

Back