first post here,need some help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thesavagebeast

hi
i have a nitro star S-25 engine and need to replace the piston sleeve but can't get it out.i asked a friend and they suggested using a few zip ties to force it out,i tried this but piston sleeve only moved a couple of mm then won,t budge.can anyone help PLEASE

Easiest thing:

Take a twist tie off of the bread bag....Stick the tie between the piston and sleeve, then slowly cycle the motor...The piston will do all the work and push up the sleeve. The plastic zip ties are too thick, thus requiring a little more force to push up and squeeze the sleeve out. I've done the twist tie trick and so has ]-[0pa]0ng.

What are you doing with the zip tie? I cut off a thick zip tie so the end is thick and square (rather than using the thin, tapered end it comes with), then from above the piston, slide it down and out the exhaust port, but just a little. Then cycle the piston up until it's pushing on the zip tie. The zip tie should just barely poke out the xhaust port, only until it's even with the outer diameter of the sleeve. Any farther and it will catch on the block and you'll never get it out. You only want the zip tie to push on the sleeve. I've never had this method fail me.

considering this thread was last posted in, back in August, I'm pretty sure he's either gotten it out, or moved on, and bought another motor...:stickspank:

there's a post date right above the person's icon... :D

Latest posts

Members online

Back