First body

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sav539

Here's my first attempt to paint a body.

I used liquid mask to paint this one.
HPIM0058.jpg

Here it is with the paint on it.
HPIM0060.jpg

HPIM0061.jpg

Here is some with the decals.
HPIM0072.jpg

HPIM0076.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good from what I can see. Boy, I guess I really do need to try liquid mask. How do you mask in a straight line with that stuff? Do you have to mask off the liquid mask?

LOL, that sounded strange...

Looks nice bro. Now put them decals on and show us some more.

No Drivefast, Liquid mask is just a liquid you paint on basicly and let it dry. Then cut where you want your designs if any and peal it off in that section and keep doing where ever needed.

Looks nice bro. Now put them decals on and show us some more.

No Drivefast, Liquid mask is just a liquid you paint on basicly and let it dry. Then cut where you want your designs if any and peal it off in that section and keep doing where ever needed.

Ah, so you liquid-mask the entire shell and remove as needed? Makes sense, if I follow you correctly.

EDIT:I just want to Parma's website and read up. I should have used that stuff from the get-go.

Last edited by a moderator:
No just paint it on ( the thicker the better ) and use a Sharpe to draw your design on the outside and use a sharp hobby knife to cut along the line and peel it off, if you make a mistake just apply more liquid mask and recut. On a personal note for best results let it dry over night ( I know that this is hard to do), I used a hair dryer but the mask was still a bit tacky and not complete dry in some places. I liked using this product and will use it from now on.

Nice paint job. Is that the GT2 body from HPI? Yeah liquid mask is the way to go. I used when I painted my last body, except I only masked off the areas that needed to be masked and brushed it on. I'll be using LM when I get a chance to start paint the body for wa2ruff, as soon as the wind calms down and I can get some practice in with the airbrush. Also, another note on use with LM, is once you have your design laid out, you can go ahead and score all the lines of your design before you start painting. You at least have to let it completely dry first. That way, if all you lines are already pre scored, it'll make it easier to move to the next color with out having to fight trying to see the next line to cut. And if you wondering, you won't have paint bleed through if you prescore everything first.

Latest posts

Members online

Back