Finally got one!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeK1981

ChondroManiac
So I picked up a bone stock 5T (white body) with less than a gallon of fuel through it for an unbelievable deal. All this waiting was well worth ther deal i got! I got it with a 'broken clutch'. I've been doing my research for a while now and learned that the stock setup is notorious for having the pinion bolt back aout and snap off. Turns out that was all that was wrong with it! The guy never even took the spur cover off to look at it! The head of the screw was was in the gears. 30 minutes later (including my drive time to the hardware store and back, lol) I had it ripping! This thing is awesome, I'm loving the ease of use and reliability! So I ordered the V1 killer bee killswitch for my Futaba 3pm 2.4 Ghz, a DDM 5000mah battery, and a hardware kit for the V1 rear Dominator pipe that was thrown in with it. I'm gonna order some outerwears eventually. Basically its just gonna be mostly stock unless I start beaking things, but I'm not gonna be too hard on it so I don't see myself breaking much. I want to run it in sand as well as dirt so I'm thinking of sandproofing the carb and linkage. Any other advice for simple DIY mods I can do to make it more reliable/safer?

congrats on the baja Mike, glad you go the deal that you are looking for.

the V1 killer bee is sweet on the Futaba Tx because you can set up the 3rd channel on your Tx to activate the kill on your motor. there is a youtube vid on how to do this.

as far as mods go, i say your on the right track with the outerwears and kill switch. i would also recommend the TR front upper brace and either the scorpion or full force lower.

you're going to be amazed at how much energy goes through this thing even at a very low speed impact.

my son runs a v1 Dominator and 26cc stock..... excellent power. There is also a mod you can do where you cut the V1 dom pipe and use heater hose and hose clamps to connect the pipe. its a great idea because the vibration from the pipe/motor can loosen your head bolts. you can also tweak your head bolts if the baja rolls and you ding the pipe. if you need a piece of heater hose, hit me up & i'll mail you some.

also, like you pointed out, the stock pinion bolt snaps easily. there is a simple mod you can do where you turn the bolt around so there is a nut on the pinion side and its way less likely to snap. did it on my son's baja with great results.

Latest posts

Members online

Back