Fibre Glass body

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juddmyers

I will start this by saying I really don't know what I am talking about but I like the idea. :)

I really like the factory body that came on my savage 4.6x, i have rolled it enough that it has some tears in it... question is, when I get a new body, could i use it as a mold and mold be that same body out of fibre glass?

Seems like it would work..

Judd

yea, i have seen that post, but it still doesn't tell me if my factory plastic body can be used as a shell.

If so I am thinking of getting one of those small fibre glass kits from wal mart and giving it a try. I am sure it will eventually break or crack, but hell so well all the other parts on this truck when i am finished.

Judd

A guy in england makes them out of several bodies. It comes to 51.00 shipped for one. Just search my name. I posted up about it a while back.

Here is the guys email address. [email protected]

Nice to deal with, and no I have not bought one yet, but I beleive that is the same one snoop had.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do believe they already sell the Stock X4.6 body in clear for you to paint, right? If not you can use a X SS body which is almost the exact same thing.

I'm not really wanting to buy one. I am more interested in making one. I just didnt know if the plastic body would be ok to use as a mold.

Should work pretty well, as long as you have the proper tools etc. to make a mold, I really can't see why not.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back