Few Questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xll-SavageX-llx

★ CaNaDa Eh ★
Hey guys, you all know the winter is coming well for most of us anyway.
I thought i would make this thread just to insure i get the right info :)

I know from experience you can't just leave the mill sitting over the winter season. I did that with my F4.1 and came back to a seized mill :(

What i did with my K4.6 HO last year was take it out of the truck and clean it up, put port caps on all the ports and brang it inside the house where it's worm :) (no moisture, unlike my shop)
Correct me if I'm wrong..

The other question i have is fuel % i know this was brought up in the past but i have no intension of going through a few hundred threads to find the post :)
I'm running 25% sidewinders now, when i met up with Shane (redneck) he said go to 30%. My question is what will be the 5% difference in oil do to the mill. More lubrication = less friction = less heat ??

One more question, thought i would save you guys a break from moving to another thread. I picked up the Dynamite max lifes and Mugen 1.0's, on Wednesday and went to install them and ran into this problem ::

IMG_3371.jpg

That is the stock savage x pilot nut. Shane (redneck) said shim the nut a bit so the spring will sit on the groove. Any other ideas ?

Brandon
"THE KiDD"

Hey guys, you all know the winter is coming well for most of us anyway.
I thought i would make this thread just to insure i get the right info :)

I know from experience you can't just leave the mill sitting over the winter season. I did that with my F4.1 and came back to a seized mill :(

What i did with my K4.6 HO last year was take it out of the truck and clean it up, put port caps on all the ports and brang it inside the house where it's worm :) (no moisture, unlike my shop)
Correct me if I'm wrong..

The other question i have is fuel % i know this was brought up in the past but i have no intension of going through a few hundred threads to find the post :)
I'm running 25% sidewinders now, when i met up with Shane (redneck) he said go to 30%. My question is what will be the 5% difference in oil do to the mill. More lubrication = less friction = less heat ??

One more question, thought i would save you guys a break from moving to another thread. I picked up the Dynamite max lifes and Mugen 1.0's, on Wednesday and went to install them and ran into this problem ::

IMG_3371.jpg

That is the stock savage x pilot nut. Shane (redneck) said shim the nut a bit so the spring will sit on the groove. Any other ideas ?

Brandon
"THE KiDD"

Brandon, as far as the fuel goes, you should be fine. 25% is the percentage of nitro, not oil. You get a little bit more power out of the mill switchin to 30% from 25%. It's the oil percentage that you wanna watch. I'm runnin Byron's Gen2 Race 3000. Which is 30% nitromethane and 11% oil. With the clutch spring problem, just push the end down into the groove and you should be fine. I've had to do that in the past and never had a problem. Or, just end up switchin out the stock pilot nut for the mugen pilot nut.

Brandon, as far as the fuel goes, you should be fine. 25% is the percentage of nitro, not oil. You get a little bit more power out of the mill switchin to 30% from 25%. It's the oil percentage that you wanna watch. I'm runnin Byron's Gen2 Race 3000. Which is 30% nitromethane and 11% oil. With the clutch spring problem, just push the end down into the groove and you should be fine. I've had to do that in the past and never had a problem. Or, just end up switchin out the stock pilot nut for the mugen pilot nut.

Thanks for the reply JR, my bad on the nitro oil mix up, after posting i was like 30% oil :lmao:

Ill try pushing the spring down into the groove.
and i have 1/4 of a gallon left, might be able to burn it off before winter hits then in the spring ill go to 30%, it's only a few bucks more then the 25%.

like jr said, just push the spring end down with a small screwdriver or somethin'.

ps the mugen pilot nut sucks. you think your havin' trouble with the hpi nut, try the mugen.

It's funny you say the mugen sucks because lots of people recommend that nut but personally I run stock on both my savys and never had a problem with the same setup posted but i guess people just repeat what other people say and don't even have experience with it.

Latest posts

Members online

Back