F4.6v1 and F4.6v2 roto start compatability

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wanlongdong

I recently bought a second savage which has a pull start fitted. I am going to take this off and fit a rotostart however my other main use savage has pull start part number 109535 fitted to it & looking at the rotostart compatibility guide it says this roto start is only compatible with the f4.6V2 does anyone know why this one is not compatible with the original F4.6 & is there something I can do to that engine to make it compatible so that I don't need to have 2 different bars

All force engines use the same pullstart so unless hpi have made a modification to the engine i don't see why it wouldnt, i use a fastrax rotostart and put the same thing on many force engines without any compatibility issues, unless its just the size of the 1 way bearing 14mm instead of the standard 12mm, if it is that and i would suspect thats all it is, a 1 way isint expensive to change from 14 to 12

hpi f4.6 and f4.6v2 are the same except for the crankcase and heatsink. rotostart uses 1432 starting shaft. this 1432 starting shaft uses the one way bearing and will fit the rotostart system and 1428 pullstart. the f4.6v2 you have has the nitrostart. nitrostart uses 15136 starting shaft. that starting shaft was shorter and has 2 notches for set screws to attach a drive cup. nitrostart did not use a one way bearing because the cup attaches directly to the starting shaft. the gearing to crank is in nitrostart. to convert your system to rotostart you need to get the rotostart system for g/f series engines and 1432 starting shaft, and 1430 one way bearing. be careful with unbolting the cover plate. use a correctly sized driver, don't use an allen wrench. red loctite was used on the screws.

Latest posts

Members online

Back