f4.6 motor with axial carb ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fordfan6680

As a mechanic I done carb swapping on older vehicles from one to another and even modded a v8 two barrel carb for a straight six single barrel carb . Witch turned out to give quite a bit of proformance. Now would this be the same if I tryed swapping carbs on my f4.6? I've got an axial that is in need of a rebuild and since itll be sitting its crossed my mind to swap the carb . Now has anyone ever done this with a nitro rc ? If so what were your results ? The axail carb I have is from a .28 witch in theory is the same size motor as the f4.6 so wouldI really be changing anything at all ?

I have done the same kinda thing, I have a traxxas 2.5 that has an os carb on it, and last year I bought a new Ofna .32 for my MMT and it had a bad carburetor so I used the one off my SH .28 engine on it and the Ofna runs great with it on. so I say if it fits give it a whirl....

Hmm alright sounds like a plan . Not that there is anything wrong with the carb on the f4.6 . Just wondered if there'd be a change in performance over stock . Did you notice any preformance gains with you swapped carbs ?

I dunno, the Ofna engine was brand new and I sent the carb back to them they say it is ok, but I still have not run it with the original carb on.... funny thing is with a known good carb the engine runs fine, makes plenty of power and all so i may just leave it with the SH carb on it, I personally do not like composite carb bodys anyway....

The main reason some people tend to swap carbs is to get rid of the 3 needle carbs. That MSN is just more trouble than it's worth for most people. There would likely be some mild performance gains if the right carb was swapped, unfortunately it would be tough to have hard data to back up such claims.

What, nobody make a dyno for an rc! That would be pretty cool to see. Maybe somebody should come up with that.:)

Id say if your good with computer programing it could be done . I've seen home made dyno's but they didn't collect data . I think it would be cool for sure ! I may just look into this idea and I got a few friends who are big time computer guys

Latest posts

Members online

Back