f*****g carb

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAZORROGERS

my carb keeps falling out of my savage x the bolt is dun up but the carb can still spin around in the metal sleeve its doin my head in any had this problem

I don't have the stock f4.1 anymore but i had weird things go on with it. not that per say. I would give hpi a call they are still open. the heck with the forum that can't wait. there is something really messed up there if you have the bolt tight. If I were you I would file the f4.1 and get an sts .28 or a surefire .32 both engines are beasts and are a vast improvement over the 4.1.

Last edited by a moderator:
The same thing happened in my savage 25, the carb was toasted. it happed to about 6 other locals here, and they sent their engines to hpi, and they replaced the carb, and problm solved. Mine went south, so I just installed my k4.6 and I haven't looked back since. wheelies on command is an understatement. The stock nitro star s25 was junk compared to the k4.6, it's the best mod so far to my truck.

i have no problems with wheelies i cant keep the wheels on the ground got a 3 speed + running 35% nitro it flies but mite just scrap it anyway lol but what engine do i get whats the best

What engine is the best is a loaded question. what are you going to do with it and are you going for torque or hp. Just remember that people here are going to tell you what they like or what they want. My opinion and this is my opinion is the sts .28 which has more torque or the sure fire .32 for the 3.6 hp. but go to the manufacturers websites and see what the offer. OS, Racers Edge, RB there are so many do some research and use the forum to guide you to a choice not the bible and go with what is posted as the word. good luck and let us know what you pic and ask questions of what people are running. ask what problems they have had and how customer service of the company was for repairs.

i noticed my carb was loose yesterday tryed tightenin up still loose , aint had time to look yet any luck with yours

It's actually a flaw in the carb body. I actually took mine apart, to find the carb was actually broken at the bottom. hpi installed a new carb on all of them I have seen break that got sent in for warranty. I just put a carb off of another engine on, and ran it until it died.

the carb on my stock engine in my savy did the same spinning thing...........i took it off & cleaned/dried it real good then put 2 drops of the blue locktite on the problem area........i let that cure for 24hrs & never had another bit of trouble with it.......i still have that engine & runs good after nearly a year but it sits on the shelf now cause i got a wasp 28.......

Latest posts

Members online

Back