Ez start on axial .28 Helpppppp

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wysnar

Hey everyone I'm new to this forum and to the hobby and I need some help I have a savage x with an axial.28 engine and I am tired of the pull start so I ordered a ezstart from traxxas. What other things do I need and what proper shaft do I need? I've seen people use a longer one and I've tried searching all over trying to find it but nothing any help is great thanks

there is not enough room for the traxxas ez start system to go on a savage truck, I doubt it will work at all... besides the ez start being for a small block engine there are too many things needing changed to make it work....

there is not enough room for the traxxas ez start system to go on a savage truck, I doubt it will work at all... besides the ez start being for a small block engine there are too many things needing changed to make it work....

Take a look at this video the guy left the original oneway bearing and he just put spacers and made a longer shaft to go through both one oneway bearings... What would you recommend that I use?

in that video it doesn't look like he knows how it all goes back together.... I wouldn't recommend doing this at all... Roto unit is the way to go......

He took over half the video trying to figure out how to get the OWB plate on......... Seriously, why wouldn't the guy edit or reshoot the video so he doesn't look like such a novice?

Sadly the effort just isn't necessary with the roto start available.

He took over half the video trying to figure out how to get the OWB plate on......... Seriously, why wouldn't the guy edit or reshoot the video so he doesn't look like such a novice?

Sadly the effort just isn't necessary with the roto start available.
I agree I mean I liked the traxxas e-z start system but I have roto 2 on my savage and it's just fine so I'm not sure that it would b worth the trouble of putting it on so until there's a adapter plate that can buy 2 swap out I'm leaving my roto 2 on

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for the input so for me to use the roto start will the same shaft that was on the engine with the pullstart? I already have the backplate and the roto start itself do I need anything else?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back