Esc problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GARYSWEET1979

Hi guys I'm hoping you can help me I'm having problems with savage flux hp it seem to be running backwards in reverse it's at full speed and when you go forwards it's in reverse mode I've tried a few things and just can't seem to get my head around it pls help me out ppl my son is going crazy

I believe this is the remote you have, if it's stock, have you checked if the throttle is reversed?

upload_2018-5-1_10-19-51.png

I believe this is the remote you have, if it's stock, have you checked if the throttle is reversed?

View attachment 4956

I did check this I also checked the motor wires which are marked abc it's been along time since I used it from the last time I remember using it I installed a new receiver box for the Ariel etc could this be the cause of the problem by any chance thank for the reply mate

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you actually flip the switch to the opposite direction and check if it helped? Sometimes "reverse" on the switch ends up being normal for driving due to other things, like the Receiver and ESC.

Yes mate there wasn't a change but that's when I fiddled with the wires on the motor thinking it was that do you think it's worth setting up the esc up again if so could you pls send me a video or some half decent instructions as I'm not very good with these things ha

There are many videos and such on youtube, it would help to know what esc and motor you are using... if possible post actual clear pictures of what you have and possibly someone can provide you with the help you need..... do you have the manual for your specific rig? this is going to be your best source of info also as there are constant changes and updates to equipment from the manufacturer...

You could try recalibrating the esc sure theres a video on utube somewhere matey sounds like the problem as my mate has a vorza with hobbywing esc and he recently swopped rx and had to do the same.

i recalled mine did the same when I swopped from the hpi tx/rx to futaba tx/rx but those were on hobbywing escs but am sure the hpi esc can be recalled its something like esc beeps full forward on tx beep full backwards on tx beep neutrall on tx beep finish on the hobbywing gear

Thanks for your help mate I'm away working at the moment I'm home Friday so I'll have a fiddle everything on the truck is just stock parts if I have any problems I'll post a few pic etc and hopefully someone can help thanks for your time cheers

Latest posts

Members online

Back