Enough power?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC-Geo

So i just got the new Savage XL, was going to get the octane but in the videos it looked like it did not go very fast compared to some of the other gas powered truck (Losi 5).. what do you guys think ? is it enough power for you.. or do you with the motor was bigger

I have the Savage XL 4.6 and the Losi LST XXL 2 gas, also the Octane. The Octane I never did run WOT I was still breaking-in the motor when the exhaust broke. But what I can tell you is the Nitro 4.6 has more grunt and top speed than the Losi gas IMO. I will post more about the Octane when it is fixed and broken-in. I think you made a good choice with the savage X.

15cc is definitely not enough power. not sure why they didn't extend the chassis and put a fuelie in it, the airplane motor doesn't have enough power. its meant for a plane, which needs higher rpms. a truck needs more tourge. that's why airplanes have smaller motors. I would never spend the money on the octane until they make some serious changes. I like the losi dbxl, personally.

Latest posts

Members online

Back