Engline Stalling - Idle?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sythy101

Engine Stalling - Idle?

Hello HPISF,

I've had my Savage X for a couple months, and it's been sitting around for a good month or so due to weather. The Savage is completely stock, except for a little bit of tuning (adjusted idle). However, it seems to be giving me some trouble. I've already searched (sorry if an identical thread already exists) and saw a few about stalling, but decided it would be best to have answers more specific to my troubles.

Alright, so for the first time in a month I took my Savage out for a run. All seemed to be running quite well, until my engine cut out (stalled). I just thought perhaps I had overstressed the engine as it hadn't been run in a while. However, after starting it again, it failed yet once more. Several attempts later, it would keep cutting out at low speeds. Also, I noticed a little bit of liquid (I'm not positive if it was fuel or just some water from the ground). So there's a slight chance that I've flooded my engine, but it seems to be turning over.

I'm not quite sure if I should be re-adjusting idles or doing something else, but I'd rather have some advice on possible causes before I go taking my truck apart.

Recently I've washed the truck too, as it got a little muddy after running a while back, the electronics aren't messed up, but would it be possible that some water leaked into the engine? No, I didn't take the garden hose and drench my car, I just used a sponge and some old rags.

Thanks in advance,
Sythy

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to worry you have no real problem. It is cutting off at low speeds because the low end needle is too rich. Lean it out a 1/8 of a turn and so on until it improves. To lean out a needle turn it 1/8 of a turn clockwise. The low end is the needle with the purple rubber gasket next to it, if your unsure refer to the manual. Do not lean the low end out too much and if this advice doesn't help reset all the needle to their flush factory setting and start over. The manual shows where the needles should be at the factory settings. Feel free to PM me if you need help.

Ah, thanks, I thought it had something to do with one of the needles. I think I adjusted it on the car a long time ago when I was still extremely new to the Large Scale Nitro scene, should've just adjusted the Throttle Trim. Thanks, I'll check that and see how it does after that.

Also, my engine seems to make a gurgling noise when driving, is that also related to the tunings, or did I not break the engine in properly?

Also, my engine seems to make a gurgling noise when driving, is that also related to the tunings, or did I not break the engine in properly?
Once again no worries the gurgling sound means your engine is too rich. Basically your engine getting too much fuel and it can't drink it all. Lean out the high speed needle 1/8 of a turn and so on.

Watch these 2 videos and they should help a tremendous amount, once again any questions feel free to ask.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSmMzpZM_As&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJFsJAxNoRg&mode=related&search=

Thanks again. Those videos really cleared things up for me. Now I see where my mistakes were. Hopefully I'll have time to tune it tomorrow and see how it runs.

Yeah, today I tuned it and it runs like never before. I can full throttle and fly around the yard. It helped me find out how tough the Savage is. Savage vs. Tree and the Savage won. Ripped the branch straight off of a tree while jumping.

Now an excuse to make the Savage even better: Tree Clearance.

Thats great! It's so much more fun when your truck runs like it's supposed to.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back