Engine Stand

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blazer X

This is something I've wanted for a while. It's nice to take your engine out and tune it on a bench. I really wanted it for breaking it a tight pinch engine that will take alot of time and patience without the truck variable slowing down the process. It's just made of 3/16 flat steel screwed to a scrap piece of wood held in place on my bench vice. I fabbed up two more pieces of metal to hold the gas tank in place. I ran a tank through my 4.6 today and it works like a charm. I had and hour in it and used simple scraps I had in my shop.
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh138/bdanimal2000/stand.jpg

nice...I've been planning on making something similar, for testing out the .25's as I rebuild them...

good to ptu a plane prop on the engine to get air over it and also to put some drag on the engine so it doesnt rev mad high

Noticed the throttle return you did .. How does that work for you ? Mine seems to interfere w/ the opening and closing of the cab once in awhile

Yea I thought of the prop but it would have to be a small one because of the pipe. Jester that is just a small rubber band, it doesn't cause me any problems.

yea you will need to use aa different header to locate the pipe somewhere else, or use one of the smaller cox engine props they are pretty small and only cost a couple bucks

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back