engine running eraticly

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duff

i took my truck out today and it ran great for the first half tank of so. but after that it started to act up. Off the line it boggs a lot and cant get over maybe 5mph, ive never had this problem in the last 2 years, and i cant figure out what it is. I don't think their are any air leaks beacuse it runs great once for the first 10 minutes. I'm not sure if it is too lean because of the 1/2 tank, but even then that shouldnt make it bogg down. Anny suggestions? thanks

mess around with the needles,check the glowplug and make sure you have good fuel and its not old or there maybe could be a leak,I had that problem once I found out that I had to retune the engine and change the plug but it could also be a series of things

i just got the fuel today, and i would mess with the needles forever, nothing worked, its odd b/c it runs awsome until it hits about 1/2 tank

That sounds weird? Ive never heard of that problem b4 but it could be something with the tank or the tubing being to long or something I really have no explanation to that

replace the fuel tubing and check the edges of the carb to ensure to air leaks as well...If it's happening only at the half tank, richen up your HSN for grins....Since savages tend to get the half tank lean issues, try to fatten it up....What temp is your truck getting up to? Is your takeoff good(LSN)? At top end, are you seeing a smoke? If no smoke and the truck is making a wrapping sound(like bouncing off a rev limiter) then you're more than likely too lean(HSN)...

the take off is great for the first 1/2 tank, and it has a steady smoke trail but then after about 10 minutes it barely moves, maybe 5-10mph max. It boggs like crazy like its about to shut off. Then when it idles it sputters like their is air in the lines. I'm not sure off the temps b/c i lost my temp gun in the snow last year. i think I'm goin to replace the tubing and seal the carb, but if that were the problem wouldnt it run crappy through the whole tank?

no it wouldnt run bad the whole tank I say replace the fuel tubing and make it the proper lenght and all and seal off the carb and then try it

What condition is your engine in you could have a sleeve that is slightly worn and when you hit around half tank your temps rise causing maximum expanision in the sleeve which reduces your compression causing a bad seal its a long shot but anything can happen!!! Does it stall???

it has maybe 6 gallons throught it, runs just as fast as it always did for the first 1/2 and ya after about that it does sometimes stall if it try to give it wot.

whoa you've ran 6 gallons through that engine without ever replacing the piston and sleeve or rebuilding it? Bceause if so that can be one of the reasons

I have about 6 gallons through my s25 with no problems as long as you keep the air filter clean and the air fuel ratio just right it will last, tuning is everything a fuel filter also helps but don't get me wrong it will not last forever performance will start to decrease!!! I hope for your sake its not the sleeve but its possible my savage takes a bit of time to heat up and as we all know they get nice and hot around half tank causing maximum expansion you might be loosing compression!!!

ya it i clean it after about every 5 runs are so and its never that dirty, and i do have a fuel filter. I hope it not the piston/sleeve cause I'm a little low on cash. but if that is whats wrong i might just get a .28 when in get enought money

Engine Maintenance

from HPI maintenance

"Engine - The powerplant of the Nitro car and most of its weight. The inside of the engine should be checked for excessive wear by an experienced Nitro racer every 2 gallons of fuel or so (or 100 hours of running time on the engine). You may have to put in a new piston and sleeve, but after that the engine will run like new"

http://www.hpieurope.com/maintenance.php?lang=en

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back