Engine advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chevychopper

Morning all
Sorta newbie but my stock savage x4.6 motor has lost compression. Looking for advice on a new one. Hearing good things thru the threads about lrp .32 engines. Thinking that may be the way to go. I currently have a roto start but was considering the pull start. I'm sure this has been covered numerous times, but thought I would ask. Thanks in advance.

If you can find them, the LRP's are long living engines. But you might be better served just to get a cheap 28 and hope nitro makes a come back as finding decent engines these days isn't the easiest. 10 years ago, there was a bunch you could pick from. If I were to buy an engine today, it would likely be just a basic dynamite 28 without the pull/spin start as I hard that's fragile, at least the pull start portion.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/dynamite-.28-rtr-nitro-engine-w-pullstart-dyne0571/p543544

This probably has more power:
https://www.amainhobbies.com/dynamite-mach-2-big-red-.28-w-pull-spin-start-combo-dyn0992/p140258

Never ran one. For the $, if the first one lasts 5-6 gallons, it's probably worth it.

I have an LRP28S3 in my big block revo and an LRP30S2 in my savage X. I prefer the power delivery of the 28 though. It's less abrupt and doesn't go through fuel as fast. I have another 28S3 in a drawer that was giving me a headache which is why I tried the 30. I've had 4 of the 28's and this last one just didn't tune right. Could have been me, or the pipe, or the plug... All I know is the one I had in my aftershock quite a few years back ran like a top all day long, as does the one in my revo. Very little fussing with tune.

I recently finished a 5.9 conversion to Lrp.32x and I love it. Runs great and plenty of power. I’ve heard Lrp is back in business and have seen parts available on their website, as recent as today. Nitro is slowing some tho so if you want one get it now while there’s still support for em.

Latest posts

Members online

Back