Electric conversion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dodlef

Still looking to convert my Savage 4.6 xss to electric any new info out there?

Any kind that's maybe a kit. Wanted to do the Kershaw's but can't find the parts.

Keyshawn designs closed their doors. But one of their employees opened their own business. It’s called nova rc I believe it’s called. They make a lot of the same stuff I think. I went with fast lane machines products for my conversion. I absolutely love the way mine came out in the end.

I looked there didn't see anything should I be looking at flux parts?

Not familiar with novas site. But I have been on fast lane machines site. Really love their stuff the motor mount I have is a kershaw design before they closed. Everything else is fast lane machine.

Ya your not going to find anything at fast lane machines site Eather. I think their done

I'm done with gas so I guess I'm going to sell it kinda sad it's so nice and tough so much invested guess I'll take the loss and move on.

IMG_20190212_153101593.jpgIMG_20190212_153101593.jpg Electric I have a brushless E Maxx and a axial bomber that's upgraded. Just the run times are endless I get tired before my batteries die. 50 plus minutes on the e Maxx 4s 8400 milliamps 50c.

Plus my 67 mustang coupe I'm building.

Attachments

• IMG_20190212_171106538.jpg
    IMG_20190212_171106538.jpg
    252.9 KB · Views: 4
I am working on the car but u know u need play time too oh and lots of money. Wanna buy a Savage? I'm trying to sell it local so I don't have to ship it.

Could always look into alza racing. They have awesome parts. Could use them while doing your conversion?

Consider the Flux xl conversion from hpi. It is discontinued but some people do still stock these. This is meant to convert a flux to flux xl, but would be better to use while converting your truck because it has the mounts for the battery boxes.

I converted my savage xl to flux. Its taken some time and patience but its finally done (for now, a savage can never be complete).

The hardest part about it I would say would be converting the 3 speed tranny to a single speed. From memory the savage 4.6 is only 2 speed so I think its much easier. Take a look at this thread from the forum, it should help quite a bit.
I used RCCOH forum for guidance on this conversion:
Thread 1
Thread 2

I did A LOT of modification on the engine plate of my savage to suit the flux motor mounting hardware. Only recently did I buy the proper plates and mounting for the motor, I've listed the parts for this below.
Motor Plate: HPI100906
Motor Plate Brackets: HPI100907
Motor Mount: HPI100903

As for an esc mount, I made my own out of 50mmx50mm Aluminium angle from my local hardware store.

I'm going to do a rundown of my conversion in a separate thread soon and list all the parts I've used, I'll link you to it when I get around to posting this :p

For now, I'll list some parts needed for the conversion below :)

Basic Rundown of Parts Required:
XL Conversion Chassis: HPI102404
Motor Plate: HPI100906
Motor Plate Brackets: HPI100907
Motor Mount: HPI100903
Bulletproof diff (if you don't already have it): HPI102692
Battery Box Set: HPI100908
19T Pinion Gear (just an example, other sizes available): HPI100918
44T Spur Gear (just an example, other sizes available): HPI102093
Hobbywing Motor & Esc Combo (just an example): Max8 Combo

Good luck with your conversion!!! Its a lot of fun!!

Latest posts

Members online

Back