Edmonton Area, Grand Opening at Cloud Climber Hobbies *food, drinks, etc*

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shanty

I WILL BREAK IT!!!
Hey,

just getting the word out that there is a grand opening for Cloud Climber Hobbies in St.Albert on Sunday June 1st. Bring your vehicles and everything and hang out. There should be a Mini and Micro track setup in the parking lot, along with a nitro or other larger vehicles obstacle corse racing. There will be food and drinks served there. If anybody is in need of directions or needs more info please let me know.

Thanks
Shawn

This it the first that I've heard of this. Is this a new hobby store that is opening in St Albert or is it a club? Do they have a website? Where is this place? This is much closer to where I live, it would be nice not having to travel to the south end of the city to pick up parts.

Thanks

It's a hobby store that just opened up in St.Albert. They don't have a website yet because they just opened up and haven't been able to yet. Part selection is getting better every day, before they barely had any, but now are getting to the point where you don't have to order anything, atleast for HPI, and traxxas. And when you do order parts, they order every sunday, and parts that arn't on back order come on Friday. There should also be some deals going on the Grand Opening to clear out some vehicles that aren't going out the door.(Nitrage, TNX, Warhead, T-Maxx 2.5, etc)

Here is a map of where it's at:

http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=m&lat=53.620587&lon=-113.598067&zoom=15&q1=St.Albert, Albert

It's just of St.Albert Trial and Herbert Road.

NOOOOO!

I'm heading back East for two weeks on May 31!

Have to set some stuff up later though, I'd like to hit up a track.

Excellent now a choice for the St. Albert guys,

Has been a good rc car shop on the north side for a year now www.HobbyAlley.com just south of yellowhead on 97 street. Eddie215 check them out if your closer to them then the south side stores. Also there is Alberta Hobby Centre on Yellow Head and 142St but just carry HPI stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was in Hobby Alley the other day, picked up some Nitro fuel for my Savage and my plane. It's a nice store picked up a new plane while I was there too. I've also been to Alberta Hobby but they never seem to have what I need and when they do it seems way overpriced. I haven't been there for awhile, I should stop in and see what they have. Man I'm collecting way too much R/C stuff, now with a new place and new selection I'm doomed!! Wife is gonna kill me.

I'm not a big fan of hobby alley, mainly because they don't carry much in the line of HPI parts, and neither does Hobby Wholesale.

So I end up at Great Hobbies talking to the goon who tells everybody that they don't know how to fly a plane.
Because I'm flying a plane...

Alberta Hobby is way too expensive for my blood, I'd rather wait 2 months for my parts from the internet then get parts immediately.

I had a chance to stop in and check out Cloud Climber hobbies the other day. Really nice shop, pretty good selection for all things R/C, I can see me spending some money in there pretty easily. I still plan on being there for the events on the 1st of Jun, sounds like fun.

Stevrock- what do you fly for a plane? I have a P-51 Mustang and a Slo-V. I just started flying so my instructor takes off and lands for me right now. Can't wait to get more stick time and advance my skills.

So couple events for us hobby guys over the next couple weeks, saw on Hobby Alley website they have a free BBQ this coming Saturday the May 24th. Then as shanty140 says another free food day on the 1st of June at Cloud Climber, and I'm sure both have specials also at that time also. Going to Hobby Alley's event but what the heck will go to the one in St. Albert at Cloud Climber also even though I don't reside in St. Albert. But I'm always in for free food and will spend a couple bucks at each store thoughs day also.

Really the more hobbies stores the better just hope these two new stores can make a go of it, as others have tried before and failed. Seems like Hobby Wholesale is the only one that has lasted over the years.

Sounds good guys. We are still hoping that Alberts restaurant is very busy on the 1st so the parking isn't very busy. Usually the parking lot is completely dead on Sundays but since Alberts just opened up I am not to sure. There will be a couple draws, from what I heard there will be raffles of and Axe EZ Helicopter, a $50 gift card, and I have to double check but I think there might be a 2.5 tmaxx and a warhead to but I have to double check on that. I know I will be bringing my Savage there and maybe if I get the parts soon enough my RC18T. Bring you vehicles and spare crystals for radios if you don't have a DSM radio. Just to let you guys know. Anytime you see a price at Cloud Climbers that might be higher then another store for something you want to buy. They will price match usually without any proof unless it's quite a big drop.

Just reminding everyone Sunday is the Grand Opening. Come on out and hang out. RAIN OR SHINE!!! Bring your vehicles!

Also if you have any questions about the store, products, or if we have the part, let me know and I can find it all out for you. Just give me a PM.

So how did the day go? I had a chance to go flying so I didn't make it out for the fun. Hopefully it was a good day for everyone, I know I had a great day flying. Still I would have liked to get out and play there also. Too many toys, not enough time.

It was awesome. Had lots of people turn out and had a good time. Raffled off some RC stuff (Axe Ez, T-maxx 2.5, couple little heli's, shirts, gift cards, etc), all proceeds of the raffle went to the youth center. LOL I got to drive a $2700 MCD which was amazing.

I'm guessing after reading this thread that most of you guys are are located in either St. Albert or Edmonton. I'm from St. Albert as well but have been struggling to find guys to run with. Is there any place that you all meet at informally just to bash or race? I go to Cloud Climber on a regular basis and Tyler in there is good to talk to and like stevrock said you don't have to worry about someone yelling at you cause we don't fly planes. Parts wise if he doesn't carry it he'll get it and he told me the other day that he'll usually either match or beat Great Hobbies prices. I'll give you guys my e-mail address and if someone wants to go for a rip e-mail me with your phone number and we'll makes plans from there. After all it's not very fun bashing when you're all by yourself. My e-mail is [email protected] Drop me a line and let me know where everyone runs.

Sounds good. There is a website called monsterbashers.com thats an Edmonton Area based bashing website. Usually when any buddy goes out, they post there and try to get a group of people to come out. You can also PM me when you are going out and I can see if I can make it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back