e savage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
now, please don't start kicking me, but i really don't like 'leccie cars, anymore. after owning a couple of nitros, nothing beats the noise and smell! bloody wheelies/backflips well tho!! :bang:

I agree, it's just not the same...but I'd be interested to know what he did to mod it, as that doesn't look like an actual E-savage, but a standard Sav, modified...anyone know anything about it??

its just a stock savage with a hacker 2hp brushless motor running what looks like 2 LiPo 3 cell packs. that thing would have silly power and would embarrasse a nitro truck without a problem. its just a shame the owner can't drive it for **** and put them stuiped ****ing 8.5 inch wheels on it.

guy at our club has a brushless supermaxx. is embarrising to race against :(

if i had the money i would go electric and brushless. so much more power in every aspect

its just a stock savage with a hacker 2hp brushless motor running what looks like 2 LiPo 3 cell packs. that thing would have silly power and would embarrasse a nitro truck without a problem. its just a shame the owner can't drive it for **** and put them stuiped ****ing 8.5 inch wheels on it.

well, if he's actually trying to drive it, I agree, he's hopeless...but I hope, from what I'm seeing in the video, he's just showing off the raw power of it, which I am totally in awe of...my savage was completely tired/worn when I got it (eBay mistake) and doesn't have the power to really even pull the front wheels up, so anything that can invert in the span of less than 12 inches of travel, like he's doing, is worthy of my respect...

as far as the wheels, well, I've seen you express your distaste for the oversize tires in other threads, and you're entitled to your opinion, as we all are, but I have to say, that if it weren't for the desire to put bigger and bigger wheels and tires on trucks, there never would have been the very first monster truck...the motivation behind the origins of monster trucks (the real ones) was "Bigger is Better"...yes, it probably causes more wear and tear on the drivetrain, but you don't have to buy his replacement parts...I personally own a set of the Hot Bodies 7.7" truckzilla tires, AND a set of the Monster GT tires...I plan on using them on my Behemoth project, due to the simple fact that I think they look awesome...

that being said, thanks for the info on the motor, etc...I might have to look into it for my Truck 'n Stein project...longer wheelbase would help a little with the uncontrollable wheelies (probably not much though):motorcycle:

as far as the wheels, well, I've seen you express your distaste for the oversize tires in other threads, and you're entitled to your opinion, as we all are, but I have to say, that if it weren't for the desire to put bigger and bigger wheels and tires on trucks, there never would have been the very first monster truck...the motivation behind the origins of monster trucks (the real ones) was "Bigger is Better"...yes, it probably causes more wear and tear on the drivetrain, but you don't have to buy his replacement parts...I personally own a set of the Hot Bodies 7.7" truckzilla tires, AND a set of the Monster GT tires...I plan on using them on my Behemoth project, due to the simple fact that I think they look awesome...

motorcycle:

i agree here!! iv got a set of big joes and i think they look amazing. i always assumed the point of MONSTER trucks was in the name!! it mite wear the drive train more but as many folk have said on here before, majority of the fun in owning a savage is working on it and upgrading it.

big joes and moabs don't weigh anymore or much more than the stock savage tyres so wont put more stress on the drivetrain.

its all scaredypants who say otherwise! haha :p

well, my truckzilla tires DO weigh a bit more, but I don't think it's the weight...I think it's the surface area...more travel per turn...motor has to exert more power per revolution...get it?

I have got an electric 4 wheel drive racing car but always wanted a nitro monster truck now that i have one i have nicked the batteries for my rotostart nitro engines sound and smell great (just a little messy) who cares though. also i have to say i do like the look of big wheels and tyres on the monster trucks like the truckzilla conversion i think looks awsome (lot of money though):shocked:

Latest posts

Members online

Back