E savage rtr problem.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Menace78

Hey guys n gals

Thanx for stoppin by.
I bought the e savage lastnight , the batteries are knackered but took enough charge to be able to drive the buggy for a few min. In doing this i found out the car still worked after a couple years sitting doing nothing.

Today i bought replacement batteries , charged them going by the charger and put them in the truck.
All i get is the front wheels going left to right , nothing else.

I then put old knackered batteries back in the truck and it works but bcoz there knackered i only get 30-40seconds before there dead so cant use them.

Are new batteries sometimes defective and whats the chances of both being dud at the same time?.

Am i correct in thinking that its just the batteries thats causing this problem since the old ones run it , all be it its only for a few seconds.

The old batteries are hpi racing gt NiMH battery packs , 7.2v 3300mah

New ones from rc shop are Voltz 3000mha NiMH

Maybe the mha needs to be more?
Havnt got a bloody clue lol.

The Mah rating only denotes battery capacity, so the ones you have should be fine to run the rig, have you checked the battery connections to see if they are not making contact with your esc connector for some reason....

is the truck still using stock JST tamiya type 2 pin connectors ? if so consider going to a lower loss connector like the Deans Ultra or similar, you will have to solder both the battery and esc but you will have a good connection at least

The Mah rating only denotes battery capacity, so the ones you have should be fine to run the rig, have you checked the battery connections to see if they are not making contact with your esc connector for some reason....

is the truck still using stock JST tamiya type 2 pin connectors ? if so consider going to a lower loss connector like the Deans Ultra or similar, you will have to solder both the battery and esc but you will have a good connection at least

Hey jam , i have checked connections n they all seem nice and tight. I don't know anything about rc cars tbh , so not sure what to do. Just cant understand why with old batteries it works but the new ones it doesnt lol.

well the connectors as far as I can tell look ok, are you sure the new batteries took a charge? and is the charger a NiMH specific one capable of charging them correctly ???

well the connectors as far as I can tell look ok, are you sure the new batteries took a charge? and is the charger a NiMH specific one capable of charging them correctly ???

I have 2 chargers here , the first is a fast charge unit that comes with the truck in the box. Its a twin charger and will post pics.
The second is a slow charger i bought today bcoz i thought the other 1 was faulty as the charged batteries didnt do anything except turn the front wheels from left to right.

I have put the new batteries in both chargers and both say there fully charged.
Yeah there both for NiMH batteries.

2min , will post pics

Latest posts

Members online

Back