E-Savage parts interchange?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orcusomega

Before you flame me, let me just say I traded one of my 21's for an E-Savage for my son - he is 9 and the nitro was a bit too much for him :)

So I got this on Sunday, and it is a cool little truck! Few things I don't like about it that I would love to figure out how to address:

1. Drivetrain looks flimsy - plastic dogbones?
  2. Scrawny diffs
  3. Scrawny shocks and towers

I know I flog my trucks hard, and I am sure that my son will do the same - any interchange between the nitro ones?

Thanks!

Bob

Yeah, those plastic telescoping driveshafts suck. T-Maxx ones are a little better, and Kershaw Designs has a set of steel dogbones, that may be better, but they're expensive. Generis Custom Metalworks (GCM) offers a full setup of a-arms and dogbones, but they're even more expensive.

The diffs are the same size as an MT2. You can get aluminum diff cups from Nova RC for the MT2, which will beef it up. You'll also need to shim it up. Kershaw has a shim kit.

I haven't really had a problem with my shocks or towers. I think GCM has an aluminum shock tower.

The best upgrades, in my opinion are the dogbones, and the diff cups. I like my e-savvy, but I break it a lot...and I'm only running stock power with LiPo.

Any reason I can't put an X or XL full suspension in there? Looks like the trans cup could be swapped out and just use the whole front end off a nitro. Gonna have to tinker with that :)

Bob

I haven't tried it. Keep us posted on how it works out. The e-sav is a little smaller then a regular savvy. It's 1/10 scale, so you'd probably have to do some custom stuff. I doubt it'd be drop in, but I could be wrong.

I think that the whole diff is different, and none of the part will interchange with a nitro savage. I also have an E-savage and they are narrower and the suspension is different. You would have been better off to convert a 21 or 25 to electric and slowly morph it into a Flux.

ive got an e savvy with a novak pro hv brushless system and i conslantly break cvds but ive never had diff problems

I think that the whole diff is different, and none of the part will interchange with a nitro savage. I also have an E-savage and they are narrower and the suspension is different. You would have been better off to convert a 21 or 25 to electric and slowly morph it into a Flux.

Well, in this case, I got it for my son, who found the Nitro to be too much to handle. I didn't get this for me (it won't survive with me behind the controls for long), but was hoping to be able to use my existing pile of Savage parts to support the E-Savage instead of having to have two piles of spares :)

Thanks!

Bob

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back