dynamite aluminum clutch shoes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

finx

I installed dynamite aluminum clutch shoes and a mugen spring. When installing I couldn't get the spring to fit into the clutch nut grooves. Do I need a different nut? The springs rest above the groove. I installed the shoes with the dynamite logo visible. Any ideas? Thanks!

I found when installing this set up that the spring are a PITA to get into the collet grove. Just use a flat head screw driver and push them down into the grove. Once they are in they wont come out.

here are some pictures of the springs and shoes.
From what i'm reading this is what you see

IMG_3371.jpg

and this is what it should look like

IMG_3372.jpg

hope this helped

Savage you are the man!! I was going crazy thinking my shoes were on backwards but thinking they wouldn't work that way. I was racking my brain. Didn't think that the springs needed to be slanted. You're a lifesaver

Savage you are the man!! I was going crazy thinking my shoes were on backwards but thinking they wouldn't work that way. I was racking my brain. Didn't think that the springs needed to be slanted. You're a lifesaver

Yeah it took me a while to figure it out when i installed this springs and shoes.
Thought i had the springs or shoes upside down :)

internet told me to do it. Although my stock spring and clutch are in salvagable shape I wanted new gear for the new lrp.

hpi 1.0s are gold springs that don't list them as 1.0s and i found the mugens seem to snap better lol and last longer

I have both HPI and Mugen 1.0 springs. The only way of getting them HPI springs is buying the complete package of HPI clutch shoes with the springs. Thats at least here in Japan it is sold as a set. HPI clutch shoes with springs $36. Mugen 1.0 springs $2.00.

What I have tested lately and instead of using the ever popular Dynamite Max life with 1.0 spring was to try another set up. which is cheaper and gives to options better performance fromthe punch through holding power of max RPMs down the straights.

I know the prices between the US and Japan prices are way different. You all pay twice the amount than i would pay for these parts mentioned below but like i said this has been the best set up over the Max life and near the performance of the best clutch system I have tried which is the Fioroni turbo twin.

Get
the Mugen clutch shoes
Mugen "Hard" Aluminum Clutch Shoe (3)[MUGE0710]
Mugen Aluminum Clutch Shoes (3)[MUGC0754]
Mugen Clutch Spring 1.0mm (3)[MUGC0708]
Mugen Clutch Spring 0.9mm (3)[MUGC0751]

Variate between
two hard aluminum clutch shoe w/ 1.0 springs and one aluminum clutch shoe w/.9 <--- bashing
two aluminum clutch shoe w/1.0 and one hard clutch shoe w/.9. <--- Racing

This depends with your surface condition and application, but found out the Dynamite Max life tends to slip, so that is why I went with the Mugen Hard clutch shoe.

Just my experience and thoughts

Latest posts

Members online

Back