Dusting off the Savage 4 stroke project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roost

I never did complete this one. It's a OS FS-52 with FS40S-C camshaft and springs. I don't even know if my local HS carries Nitro fuel anymore so will see if I stick to it, something to look at anyways.

Attachments

• s1.JPG
    s1.JPG
    410.4 KB · Views: 33
  • s2.JPG
    s2.JPG
    358.5 KB · Views: 32
  • s3.JPG
    s3.JPG
    453.1 KB · Views: 30
I always enjoyed watching videos of thumpers in land trucks. Not many try it though, but it's cool to see when they do. Make sure to post up vids if you get that far.

After some research apparently I can run it on methanol/castor mix if sourcing fuel becomes a problem. I can make up for the hp loss with more compression and head work if it turns out that way.

Been mocking things together, so far I need to find a source for driveshafts for between the diffs and gearbox, new pull cord, and maybe a few other odds and ends.

Attachments

• 4s.JPG
    4s.JPG
    410.4 KB · Views: 20
I'll start off by saying this build looks absolutely epic... Had an O.S 4 stroke mounted in an RS4 MT way back. It didn't last long, but it was a learning experience.

This was a LONG time ago, but from what i understood back then: Those 4 stroke airplane motors usually depend on a prop blowing air on it at all times to keep it cool, hence the tiny heatsink fins. If I did it again, I would definitely consider a cooling fan of sorts...

Again, awesome build. I'm excited to see someone else give it a shot!

Back when I was running a fs30 in a rc10 I would would run it a little rich to keep it cool. If I'm going for max power a fan would be a good idea. I have one of those 30mm fans in the parts bin I could try out, those kyosho engine driven fans were hard to source even years back.

Latest posts

Members online

Back