Dual shock xl5.9 kit?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joeyeberhardt

it appears that you can run dual shocks on the savage...looks like some of the other models came with them but my 5.9 did not...is there a kit for them or do I just need to buy all the parts and do it myself?

Yes some of the earlier models did come with 8 shocks. however your XL 5.9 came with the Big Bore shocks and therefore does not need the other 4 shocks.... if you are looking to upgrade there are several shock sets on E Bay that are upgrades to the plastic bodies currently used by HPI......

This is one of those scenarios where more = less. The 4 big bore shock setup you have is an upgrade compared to the earlier 8 shock setup.

If you need more, look into going to the LST shock setup.

ohhhhh ok.. i may try to look and see about some aluminum bodied shocks that have the threaded adjustment instead of using those little plastic spacers.. I've read where the shocks with the extra resivour don't really preform on rc as they do on real trucks cause the oil does not heat up enough to make it worth while.. but i will prob just use the stock setup and try a heavier oil if it bottoms out to quick

You can go a bit higher on the oil and get hellfire springs to stiffen it up some. HPI makes aluminum big bores for $80-$100 depending on where you get them.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXUCP3&P=ML

I have the plastic shocks, but I believe I'm using these springs with the shorter stock springs:
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXLZP6&P=7

Can't recall the oil, probably 40-50 weight. Going too heavy just breaks shock ends or bends he shafts.

The big bore is better the the multiple you just use a 40 /50w oil and they will preform great the only thing I hate is they rub on the upper control arms and if you use a stiff setup it tips ez but have found that the adjustable uppers with the camber set in a little she will corner and turn better even if you're using the terra pin tires lol

Latest posts

Members online

Back