dual disk brake help! its on or off

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamskii

ok so i put the dual disk brake on my X. endo's very well now.. little too well.. i cannot get it to stop soft. It only stops like its hit a kerb. as soon as i brake at speed, it just flips up in the air and then cartwheels!

I have tried to adjusting it of course. have wound out the adjuster screw, have made sure there is 'play' in the disks.have no idea how to brake the brakes in so to speak. should i remove the fibre pads? should i lubricate the pads so they at least slip somewhat before they bite.

i have stiffened my front shocks, have 60 wt oil in them, 10mm fuel tube on the rods to hold them short, adjustable front camber at about -3deg.

any assistance or experience be appreciated.

adamskii:confused:

hmm i've got dual disk brakes to.. to front flipping and the kerb style braking will become less when you've used it for a little time.. you can also try to put a longer piece of feul tube on your braking linkage.. it worked be my....foor a little bit but maybe its just anought to work properly

had the same thing when i first ran built my 4.6, but after a while they bed in just like on a real car (except you don't get the cartwheel problem in a real car :D )

Try lettin of the throttle and coast for a bit to slow down before gently applying the brake.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back