Dread's DirtBonz on Snow review.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreadnaught

Diesel Powered!
Well i have a total of 1/2 gallon with my DirtBonz on the snow. The tires were tested on a Stock style (HPI Parts front to back), Cen diffs, Maximizer 1/2 inch offset rims, LRP .28 and Buku exhaust. Only 4 Stock shocks on at the time. Trans locked in first.

Cornering
:
When you throw the truck into a corner on hard packed snow, it does what you expect it to, fish tail, but i never lost control of the turn. If you turned like you would expect to have to do on snow, you would swear that the truck was on grass. When in light powdery snow, (1-4inches) the truck did sink in a bit, but the wide stance of the tires kept it from bottoming out. In this type of driving, the tires were amazing. They stuck to the snow almost as if driving on snow was what they were designed for.

Accelerate/Decelerate
:
As before, when on hard packed snow, they seemed a bit unpredictable under acceleration, but weren't completely uncontrollable. When slamming on the go-trigger, the tires would spin a bit, then grab and take off. When stopping on hard snow, they grabbed better than i expected. My brakes are a bit tight, so the tires locked up, but the truck went from WO first gear to a dead stop in about 5-7 feet. Turning while locked up was extremely easy and I was able to turn the truck around within the 8ft wide plowed area of the dirt road i live on. Accelerating on powdery snow was above expectations. When the tires got spinning, they cleaned out the old snow before they got 1/4 of the way up the rotation. Braking distance was obviously reduced because the powder would wad up infront of the tires, which they powered right back through.

Pros:
Tread cleans out fast
Handles Great
Stops about normal

Cons:
Tread isnt quite grabby enough for acceleration on packed snow

Rating:
Handling 8/10
Acceleration 6/10 packed snow 8/10 powder snow
Braking 8/10 packed snow 9/10 powder snow

Overall Rating:
7.5/10

Great tires in snow, but there are probably better ones.

ya i haven't used my dirt bonz yet so its good to hear a little about them, great job!!!

I didnt find them to work good in snow. What are you compairing them to?

Latest posts

Members online

Back