Do you have a E-Savage?

Do you have or have you had an E-Savage? Explain below if yes

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larsenracing

Manufacturer
Hey guys I just want to see how many E-Savys are out there.

If you have one share with us what you have in it and what problems you have had with it and what you did to improve it.

I want to also use this information for my future build of my Brushless E-Savage.

Planning on getting the next gen. They should be offering a BL version too.

I would like to get one someday, but it won't be anytime soon (just don't want to spend the money right now).

Definitly better axels, the older emaxx ones fit nice and are alot stronger. Mine is stock with 5000 venum batteries and its plenty fast. It will drag the tailgate all the way down the street. I want to change the pinion to 22 tooth, a little less wheely and a little more speed. I changed the shocks to one per wheel with 32 1/2 wgt oil and black savage springs on the rear and green on the front, and there inverted. I use it for racing only, but I hear they bash pretty good to.

Well I got a feeling that my E-savy build will be pretty tough. I'm getting a huge list of parts together. This thing should be one mean savy. They are a few company that make very good parts/upgrades for this think and I'm going to use about all of them once this thing is complete.

I got a feeling it may get someothers interested.

I have my converted nitro savage if that counts. I still haven't been able to get a video of it. It was running for a while but the esc died again.

no idont own on nor will i as they arnt really savages if they make a new one out of the nitro savage i would buy one. it would need to have two brushless motors for me to be happy .

I have my converted nitro savage if that counts. I still haven't been able to get a video of it. It was running for a while but the esc died again.

Yup this count's in my opinion. What motor and speed control are you running with what batterys?

ha ha 2 brushless motors. I doughty you will ever see that unless someone does it. 2 BL motors are unnecessary wasted power. Not sure if you have seen the power of a BL with good LiPo battery's but they are insane.

Yes the E-Savage is built to a totally different scale and is much cheaper but that is the point this is to help people to get into the Hobby. The Nitro savage is not at all set up to run BL, I'm not saying that its not worth doing as I would love to change one of mine into BL. As it really wouldn't cost a whole lot more to change over to BL which you could do for around $275-300 on the low end not including battery's which could cost you $250 for a decent set of Lipos.

I love my Nitros and will never get rid of them but they BLs are just something amazing and new technology.

larson I'm just sayin i love the power of my nitro for me to go electric it would have to have insane power over the nitro. 1 brushless is about the same power as one nitro motor so 2 would be the increase i would look for .(the savage would need wheels on its roof lol)

larson I'm just sayin i love the power of my nitro for me to go electric it would have to have insane power over the nitro. 1 brushless is about the same power as one nitro motor so 2 would be the increase i would look for .(the savage would need wheels on its roof lol)

Trust me, even my brushless savage with a cheap motor can flog the pants of a nitro savage. It weighs 6.5kg, half a kilo more then my nitro. The fastest it was clocked was 77km/h (radar) and I think it would do a little bit more too with a bit more space. I want to put a medusa research 80mm motor in it to get even more power but I have some other projects I would like to finish first. The ESC is a Castle Mamba Monster and the battery is a 6s 4900 Neu Energy pack and currently a Feigao 11xl motor. The Mamba Monster is up to v3 and it sounds like they have sorted all the bugs. I'm waiting to get mine back and then I'll do a video of how stupid it is.

If you want more power with brushless you get a bigger motor not a second motor.

LOL Thanks for chiming in on this MTBikerTim. I was going to but didn't wanna sound like a jerk.

The mamba Monster I'm looking to put in is clamming to have roughly 5-6HP, even if they are clamming way high thats impressive as most Nitro motors only clam 2 HP which is still astounding from there size. These BL motors will turn in the mid 30K to high 40K RPM's, so no need for twin BL motors.

Latest posts

Members online

Back