Do I require a 4 channel transmitter if I wanted to control lights ?

Atarioldskool

Hi guys,

I would like to fit some front lights on the truck. I want to be able to switch the lights on and off from the transmitter by pressing a button? Is this possible ?

If this can be done, would I need to buy a 4 channel transmitter and receiver ?
or does the amount of channels on a transmitter not play a part?
Is it as long as i have a spare button on the transmitter that is all I need ?

I Currently have a 3 channel Ikonnik krypton ET3 transmitter and receiver that came with my used Savage XL, the receiver is fried does not work.
Before I go and buy a new receiver I thought I would ask the question first.

Thank you

ajdragon

Hi

You could use a rc relay to work as a on and off switch for the lights. You will want to have a separate power source for the lights and route the wires from the battery to the rc relay then to the lights and then plug the relay into a unused channel on the reciver that can be turned on when you push a button on the remote.

Last edited:

Jam Racing 1

HPISF Supporter
There are controllers for lights that will plug into an open channel on your receiver and will allow you to turn them on and off with a switch or button on the transmitter, look into RC4WD and check what they have avaliable, most are under 20 bux and work very well....

https://store.rc4wd.com/LED-and-Lighting-Units_c_192.html

Or look on E Bay or Amazon for a setup that will fit your needs.....

Atarioldskool

Hi

You could use a rc relay to work as a on and off switch for the lights. You will want to have a separate power source for the lights and route the wires from the battery to the rc relay then to the lights and then plug the relay into a unused channel on the reciver that can be turned on when you push a button on the remote.
Hi
Thank you for your reply.

Not fully looked into what you hav suggested regarding ex relay but from what I gather from what you have wrote - I would certainly require a transmitter that is a 4 channel transmitter ?
As the receiver would require to have at least 1 spare input ?
As 1 channel for throttle, another for steering, another which is reverse, then the spare channel for the lights ?

Atarioldskool

ok guys - thank you for that, that leads me onto my next and main question.

what brand do i go for ? i don't want to spend a lot of money -
there is so many to choose from.
2.4ghz and 4 channel is what i require.

i am a beginner, so something that will be more than adequate for me, i am not going to events, shows, races etc
but would like something that is responsive - accurate and reliable,

thanks

Atarioldskool

Hi all i just had a thought,

Rather than buying a new 4 channel transmitter and receiver - how about if their is something out there that i could potentially control the lights by something like a key fob ? press a button on the key fob to switch on and switch off ?

anyone know if there is such a thing out there ?
this would i assume work out so much cheaper ?

thanks

ELWOOD

Hi all i just had a thought,

Rather than buying a new 4 channel transmitter and receiver - how about if their is something out there that i could potentially control the lights by something like a key fob ? press a button on the key fob to switch on and switch off ?

anyone know if there is such a thing out there ?
this would i assume work out so much cheaper ?

thanks
Like this--

https://store.rc4wd.com/RC4WD-4-Channel-Wireless-Remote-Light-Controller_p_5671.html

Atarioldskool

if you had checked the RC4WD link I posted yesterday that was in there...

:cautious::cautious:
😳 sorry pal I must have missed that as I did scroll through it.
I’m using my dinky phone majority of the time
To post and view things

I’m still looking at possible alternative options

Plus a lot of the links are all us $ based I’m in the uk
And a lot of the uk sites don’t bloody stock / sell the stuff I want 🙄