Disk brake broke

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ReVoX

Hello everyone, I'm from Italy.
Yesterday I broke 2 of 3 savage octane brake discs, did someone happen?
I have two questions:
- how do I change them?
- can anything else be damaged?
In Italy the waiting times are high for spare parts, in case I consider making an aluminum protection to avoid breakages in the future.

Attachments

• IMG-20191221-WA0004.jpeg
    IMG-20191221-WA0004.jpeg
    238.3 KB · Views: 1
The last ones I installed were carbon fiber. I broke a few of the pink ones due to excessive use and getting a stick jammed in there. The RPM skid plate helped with stuff hitting the disks, but they still failed eventually. I had to fiddle with things quite a bit to fit the CF ones in it, they were a hair too thick, but worked.

Fullforce RC carbon fiber disks:
2019-0429-SavageX-FullForceRC-CFBrakeDisks01.jpg

The easiest way to replace the brakes is to remove the transmission from the truck. But you can do it by removing the rear pod entirely and the engine plate, then you have the rear of the transmission fully exposed. The TVP's get in they way though when your dangling 2 disks/3 pads, shims and whatnot, so it's easiest to do it with the transmission out of the truck. Which requires removing an entire TVP and taking the trans out completely.

thanks for the reply, where did you find the carbon discs?
For now, while waiting for the original replacement to arrive, I have disassembled everything and use only 1 disk. It works because I have shimmed with washers simulating the two broken disks, for now it works but I have other problems with my engine (stable, burner candles)

I don't know if it's necessary or not, but I ran around the outside and inside edges with CA to help seal them up. I haven't put a ton of time on mine since the install. Maybe 1000cc's of fuel through my LRP30S2, but they seem to work well so far.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back