Differential problems!!! Need help asap!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Franger99

I bought a lrp.28 spec 3 about a month a ago and its destroying my car. It broke the rear diff., i bought all new gears and bearings. Broke it again, fixed it again.

I got the one in the rear and putted it in the front. It was all good for about 10 mins when it broke the two of them.

Is there any company that makes a really hard to brake differential. Because I'm not spending my money on something worthless.

Note: the gears i bought were bulletproof gears.

I was going to say that next Mickey LOL
I'm still running my stock diffs, 4 gallons on the F4.1, 1 gallon on the ERCM 4.6HO

The flux is running stock diffs too..

the flux bulkheads are composite so they are harder then the stock hpi plastic ones. I'm not sure on the part number. but you basically need the flux bulkheads

I had the same problem with my xl diffs,i also have lrp engine.Shimed stock diffs, still destroyed em.Replaced stock diffs with BP diffs and cahnged spider gears problem solved. If you keep the stockers it will keep happenin.Good luck!

I don't get it. My friend's xl doesnt brake them and the5.9 has a lot of torque

Yeah the stock cases flex a bit causing the diffs to shred. You can get aluminum cases from GH but there a little pricey.

i never had a problem with stock diffs in stock cases running a modded picco, modded F.

but, if you don't shim the diff properly, the side-load on that crappy 10x16mm bearing can easily kill it really throwing off your alignment and causing failure.

now that i think of it, bank ran his modded picco and modded novarossi before the bullet-proof diffs or the flux bulks even came out.

& btw- ive also grenaded 2 10x16mm bearings on my flux in GH Alloy cases. caught it before it grenaded the diff, but I'm thinking more of a problem with that crappy bearing & shimming than the bulks.

i never had a problem with stock diffs in stock cases running a modded picco, modded F.

but, if you don't shim the diff properly, the side-load on that crappy 10x16mm bearing can easily kill it really throwing off your alignment and causing failure.

now that i think of it, bank ran his modded picco and modded novarossi before the bullet-proof diffs or the flux bulks even came out.

& btw- ive also grenaded 2 10x16mm bearings on my flux in GH Alloy cases. caught it before it grenaded the diff, but I'm thinking more of a problem with that crappy bearing & shimming than the bulks.

Same here Fred, never had a problem with stock diffs nor cases.
Like you said as long as they are shimmed right your good.

Ok i shimmed the diffs (not the new ones) it went great for 20 mins then broke again. I think I'm going to wait for the xl diffs and put those on!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back