Diff case screws

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mekios

So after having a beautifull conversation at the I'm about that i am bringing it up for extra huss-huss here in the forum, so anyone having the same prob can find out a solution (out of the many suggested).

The problem is i can't get those screws out! I got perfect fit phillips screwdriver, but only 1 or 2 screws can come out. The rest are loctited like hell.
What do you guys suggest to break the loctite?

Last edited by a moderator:
So after having a beatifull conversation at the I'm about that i am bringing it up for extra huss-huss here in the forum, so anyone having the same prob can find out a solution (out of the many suggested).

The problem is i can't get those screws out! I got perfect fit phillips screwdriver, but only 1 or 2 screws can come out. The rest are loctited like hell.
What do you guys suggest to break the loctite?

1. what does this mean "...at the I'm about that i am bringing it up for extra huss-huss here in the forum"

2.apply some heat to whatever your trying to unscrew, heat will soften up the loctite.

I would go with a heating method. that green loctite (or whatever color they use) is tough stuff. Getting those screws out is difficult and you can easily strip the heads out. I have drilled a screw out successfully on one diff and completely trashed another diff doing the same thing.

If i get them out eventually i am gonna replace them with hex ones. Would blue locktite do the job?

Many thanks guys!
I bought a dremel versatip butane torch and it worked like charm! 30-40 secs of heating on each screw and they came out like a young child screwed them in!

Latest posts

Members online

Back