Diff Case Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajdragon

Hi

I am trying to figure out what type of diff case bulkheads to go with. I was thinking of getting the FLM Hybrid's but I'm not much of a basher and I think those might be a little over kill for the way I drive. And if I go with the stock ones, which ones would be better the older or the newer style. Will the BP diff's and SHD fit in the older style diff cases and bulkheads?

Depending on your budget and other factors (blingy alloy for instance) you will be better served by the newer X style , they are easy access to the differentials and are reasonably stout......

I believe the BP diffs will fit the older style bulks....

Like Jam Racing said, the big change is that in newer bulkheads there is easy access to the diffs. But if you are changing from older style you also need to change the joint post. I’ll post pic at the bottom.
The bp diffs fit the old style bulkheads, but finding the parts may be your biggest problem.

Attachments

• 93063AEC-2833-4DBC-95DE-54C6F1071804.png
    93063AEC-2833-4DBC-95DE-54C6F1071804.png
    238 KB · Views: 6
If you are building a flux you should really consider bp diffs. The flux power is too much for anything lower quality eg plastic cups.

The BP diffs fit in the old diff cases/gear boxes, but the Super HD diff cups that come on the Flux/XL won't fit through the holes in the old cases. I found that out on my pre-X savage many years ago. I had the older version diff case halves on it, but I had upgraded to aluminum due to having frequent pinion/ring gear failures with the stock cases. With aluminum, there was no flex and enough wiggle room to shim them better. However, when I eventually upgraded to BP diffs I got on ebay from a Flux or XL, they came with the super HD cups installed. Then I had to tear them down and use my old diff output cups to stick with the alloy case halves.
2008-1108-AlloyDiffCaseCupCompare.jpg

That was 10 years ago. I've since sold that savage, but I still have a SavageX and I put an LRP30S2 in it. I'm running the super HD bones and sintered BP diffs. They fit without issue in the newer style diff case where the diff slides in from the front/rear vs being captured in the case halves like the old version above.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back