did ofna tank mod..now worse

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitchellz71

i did the ofna 125 cc tank mod and thought finally, a answer to the damn leaning problem. but it seems that it has gotten even worse now.
stock engine on a savage 25

it seems like it leans out the whole tank now though. from full tank to empty it needs to be richened about 1.5 turns on the hsn.
please help me, its so frustrating to the point ill just run it at 300 cuase its so annoying.

welcome to the forum!! I'm not sure what would be up then, I'm sure someone here can shed some light on it for ya but i wanted to take the time to welcome u to HPISF

hey thanks guys!
i got all new fuel lines on it once i did the mod-been three tanks
the old stock tank didnt act like an air leak, just started to lean out at half tank
I'm really confused here hah

I never thought that mod worked well and for whatever reason some mills are worse than others. My hellfire mid tank still leans top to bottom also about 1 hour if race tuned. My 250cc mid tank also leans but not far enough to be a concern.

welcome mitch, what pipe are you running? i cant help but wonder if its contributing to the problem.

the ribbed hpi pipe
it doesnt have any leaks or dents or cracks in it that i can see, and the header appears to be in good shape also

its confusing becuase the tank mod made it worse

before I did the 250 tank i ran a mugen 125 tank and that worked great. 125 is a small tank to run with a big block though

the problem with riching it up is that it doesnt hold the tune at all
i guess ill just pull it out and seal it today, gotta do my brothers new lrp .30 anyways

Had a similar problem make sure the idle gap is right around 1mm and retune it starting at flush. You also have to loose that ribbed pipe get the polish pipe they are cheep on ebay.

Had a similar problem make sure the idle gap is right around 1mm and retune it starting at flush. You also have to loose that ribbed pipe get the polish pipe they are cheep on ebay.

i always thought around 2mm?
but ill give that a shot when it cools down tonight

ill get a new one when i get a new engine haha, that ways its all nice and shiny for a few tanks :p

ya if your idle gap is around 2mm thats to much 1mm of a gap is plenty!!!

Leans for the whole tank? I don't understand. That would just mean its lean. Richen it up. don't worry about a particular needle setting. Everybodys will be different. The Ofna tank has worked well for me. Retune it and see. Too often people blame the 1/2 tank problem or the airleak when actually its just lean. Cheaper fuels can compound the problem.

its not lean the whole tank, its that it is getting leaner the whole tank. i can have it tunned for the very last bit of fuel of a tank, then i refill it and it is about 1 and a half turns to rich. itll barely shift. i guess I'm going to seal it when i get time

its not lean the whole tank, its that it is getting leaner the whole tank. i can have it tunned for the very last bit of fuel of a tank, then i refill it and it is about 1 and a half turns to rich. itll barely shift. i guess I'm going to seal it when i get time
Pipe gaskets all new as well? I personally change fuel line often. I also had one of my trucks run funky. Use a variable blower at low pressure and put the on the banjo fitting and CAREFULLY blow air through the carb. The performance came back to where it was, and any tuning issues went away. I think it was a small particle in the high speed barrel.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back