Decisions on a Savage Flux

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rusty Nail

I'm trying to decide whether I want a New Savage flux XL or the new Hobao Hyper MT sport plus. The electric version. Read pretty good reviews on the Hobao. What's your opinions ?

Well there might have been someone out there that may have had experience with the Hobao...so yea maybe

Guess I should have put the question another way...

Might depend more on what your looking for. The savage will sit taller and is built for a basher, whereas the ST's are built to run on a track. Less suspension, lower slung chassis, shorter shocks...

I'd have to guess an ST will be easier to wrench on. The savage can be a bit of a pain in that regard.

An ST will also probably have a center diff vs a slipper, which will let you tame the wheelies, but with electric, it won't tame them much. I always found though (as a basher) having a center diff just meant I fried front tires a lot unless I ran very heavy center oil. Then my center was more of a "slipper". In the past, I preferred a rig with a 2 speed trans with nitro to have good take off and top speed. But now that I'm getting into electric, 2 speed isn't necessary or preferred.

For me, I still have been liking a solid center driveline with slipper. Tried a center diff in my 4x4 stampede and it sapped some of the fun out of that rig. Then again, was only running 2S, so power was on the low side.

Thanks so much for that reply. Lots of good information. I have a nitro Savage x and XL. Pretty new to electric and didn't know how different the electric version was compared to the nitro. This electric stuff has little bit of a learning curve but doesn't seem to be as steep. Guess that should have been my question lol. Anyway that gave me something I can compare things with. Thanks again.

Right at the moment parts are hard to come by (at least for me). I know i'm struggling to get my conversion done.

Looking for parts try jrc they chopped up new flux xl I just got battery boxes for mine and to other guy if you’re not wanting a savage witch I think is still one of the best badgers out today get a arrma kraton or tekno mt4

I ended up getting the Hobao MT HYPER moster truck...BUT...found a good deal on an XL roller that was started to an electric conversion. All it needed was an esc, motor, radio, and receiver. I found a flux set fron eVilbay and kind of got me a flux in a roundabout way... :-D

If I my make a suggestion for your Savage build, Try the Alza Center diff. It seems to end alot of the parts breakage and makes the truck handle way better.

If I my make a suggestion for your Savage build, Try the Alza Center diff. It seems to end alot of the parts breakage and makes the truck handle way better.
I've been contemplating doing that with my flux. Not sure what gearing to go with though. I'll have to read up on it more.

Alza also has bulk head braces also good upgrade and 5mm tvp look at there web sit lots of upgrades for savage flux

Get Vorza center diff and run 11t pinion to 13t watch temps with 13
What tooth diff/pinion combo is the same as the flux hp trans with 20 pinion/44 spur? That's what I'm running now with the flux hp motor and 40 series trenchers. Runs all day on 4s with that without overheating.

They have this listed on the site, but 46-52 is quite a range. Would have been helpful if they just listed the combo that was "stock" gearing for a flux HP, then you could judge better what you really need.
  • 1/8 differential with 46-52t spur gear
  • Smaller pinion gear (11t for stock motor) or motor with lower KV

The factory is 20 pinion with 44 spur I got alza dif conversation I’m running a xo1 1717 it’s 1650kv with a Vorza center diff I believe it’s 48t stock flux motor I ran 11t and it performed very well I run 13 with 1717

I have just about everything alza sells for flux there parts are very nice well made and shipping only took about a week can’t go wrong with there parts I have 3 savage trucks flux flux xl and nitro xl integy rear hub are a good upgrade to

You can get Vorza dif from jrc or dollars hobby or eBay Jenny RC was the cheapest I found

Make sure you lock tite all the screws in the front and rear diffs the screws back out if you do this you will have no worries I run a 1717 and it’s like a rocket have had no problems I learned that the hard way

25FC6785-6C5C-4A33-B70E-FF91EA74CFAB.jpeg Trying to load pictures not sure how to do it

Attachments

• 57BE1750-326D-4D89-8144-8B037955BBF1.jpeg
    57BE1750-326D-4D89-8144-8B037955BBF1.jpeg
    360.2 KB · Views: 0
6A4F43B2-5BD2-4BD3-A21C-D90CEA166A82.jpeg

Attachments

• A1E1C24B-0AAC-4D9D-A11A-C6D31FE5701F.jpeg
    A1E1C24B-0AAC-4D9D-A11A-C6D31FE5701F.jpeg
    259.3 KB · Views: 2

Latest posts

Members online

Back