1. Ask questions. Share your HPI Savage knowledge. Register TODAY!

Welcome to HPISavageForum, a friendly forum to discuss the Savage RC Truck.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
  • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
  • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting.
  • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Decisions on a Savage Flux

Discussion in 'HPI Savage Flux' started by Rusty Nail, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Rusty Nail

Rusty Nail Active Member

I'm trying to decide whether I want a New Savage flux XL or the new Hobao Hyper MT sport plus. The electric version. Read pretty good reviews on the Hobao. What's your opinions ?

2. Rusty Nail

Rusty Nail Active Member

3. coreyh29645

coreyh29645 Active Member

um savage. did you expect a different answer?

4. Rusty Nail

Rusty Nail Active Member

Well there might have been someone out there that may have had experience with the Hobao...so yea maybe

5. Rusty Nail

Rusty Nail Active Member

Guess I should have put the question another way...

6. olds97_lss

olds97_lss Well-Known Member

Might depend more on what your looking for. The savage will sit taller and is built for a basher, whereas the ST's are built to run on a track. Less suspension, lower slung chassis, shorter shocks...

I'd have to guess an ST will be easier to wrench on. The savage can be a bit of a pain in that regard.

An ST will also probably have a center diff vs a slipper, which will let you tame the wheelies, but with electric, it won't tame them much. I always found though (as a basher) having a center diff just meant I fried front tires a lot unless I ran very heavy center oil. Then my center was more of a "slipper". In the past, I preferred a rig with a 2 speed trans with nitro to have good take off and top speed. But now that I'm getting into electric, 2 speed isn't necessary or preferred.

For me, I still have been liking a solid center driveline with slipper. Tried a center diff in my 4x4 stampede and it sapped some of the fun out of that rig. Then again, was only running 2S, so power was on the low side.

7. Rusty Nail

Rusty Nail Active Member

Thanks so much for that reply. Lots of good information. I have a nitro Savage x and XL. Pretty new to electric and didn't know how different the electric version was compared to the nitro. This electric stuff has little bit of a learning curve but doesn't seem to be as steep. Guess that should have been my question lol. Anyway that gave me something I can compare things with. Thanks again.

8. AirRick95

AirRick95 Member

Right at the moment parts are hard to come by (at least for me). I know i'm struggling to get my conversion done.

9. Chillyjoe

Chillyjoe Member

Looking for parts try jrc they chopped up new flux xl I just got battery boxes for mine and to other guy if you’re not wanting a savage witch I think is still one of the best badgers out today get a arrma kraton or tekno mt4

10. Chillyjoe

Chillyjoe Member

11. Rusty Nail

Rusty Nail Active Member

I ended up getting the Hobao MT HYPER moster truck...BUT...found a good deal on an XL roller that was started to an electric conversion. All it needed was an esc, motor, radio, and receiver. I found a flux set fron eVilbay and kind of got me a flux in a roundabout way... :-D

12. Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster Active Member

If I my make a suggestion for your Savage build, Try the Alza Center diff. It seems to end alot of the parts breakage and makes the truck handle way better.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted