Crash's Savage FLUX HP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crash

Yes, the rumors are true......

flux027.jpg

flux025.jpg

flux018.jpg

flux016.jpg

flux014.jpg

flux012.jpg

flux004.jpg

flux002.jpg

flux001.jpg

Thats awesome Crash! Hope to see vids and action pics soon.

looks great Crash. where did you find those clips for the tork wires?

the dark side is pretty bright!

thanks bud

those are from my lhs

they are fuel tubing retainers....

Crasho, give some serious consideration to going with packs in the 5000Mah range.

i paid the extra coin for the 6500mah hyperion & it was a waste to spend the extra cash. 5s was a killer choice tho. love the maxamps packs 60c

Crasho, give some serious consideration to going with packs in the 5000Mah range.

i paid the extra coin for the 6500mah hyperion & it was a waste to spend the extra cash. 5s was a killer choice tho. love the maxamps packs 60c
thanks fred

so 5s would be ?

1 2s 7.4
1 3s 11.1

bare with me while I learn this

thanks fred
so 5s would be ?
1 2s 7.4
1 3s 11.1
bare with me while I learn this

yes.

Mah Note- ive run my 5250Mah packs about 40 minutes and didnt hit cut off. That is a good-long run time for me & how i bash. If you were running racing and you were on throttle for 30 straight at a time there might be a benefit for spending more cash but when your on/off for bashing, the 5250's are a great choice.

IMO- the best way to get your truck going fast is to leave the gearing stock (or close to it) and increase the voltage (like to 5s). Increasing your voltage will not stress the b/l system the way that gearing can & is actually better than underpowering it.

I'm loving the 5s 5250Mah MaxAmps hard case set up. Lots of jam & the security of a hardcase pack.

Voltage/Cells in Series-

yep you can run 1x2s & 1x3s pack on your flux so long as they have the same: Discharge rating (c-rating) and Capacity (Mah). When all the cells are matched like this, they will discharge evenly (theoretically) and you run less of a risk of over discharge & catastrophe.

special note on braking- go easy with braking & maybe even dial your brakes down a bit with the castle link. braking pushes voltage back through the esc to the packs & could cauze a explosion. just need to be aware of it & all will be fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes.

Voltage/Cells in Series-

yep you can run 1x2s & 1x3s pack on your flux so long as they have the same: Discharge rating (c-rating) and Capacity (Mah). When all the cells are matched like this, they will discharge evenly (theoretically) and you run less of a risk of over discharge & catastrophe.

Brand needs to be the same for the ohm of the cells N stuff too...

Yahoooooooooo

I got her going!

Thanks to HPISF for letting me sell off my Nitro Savage to help finance it.

For my 1st set of batteries I went with the most economical, yet well know LiPo's.

2 - Enerland Racing PQ-5000RXQ / 5000mah / 2s1p / 7.4v / 30c / 50c burst / 296 grams

1 ACME synchronous balance charger / 1~6.0a / 1-6 series / 8i80 watt / AC, DC

shipped for $250.00

1st run thoughts

FUN!

There is certainly something missing when you are use to hearing a Nitro engine for last 8 years. That being said, Brushless laughs at Nitro in the torque department. Simply brutal low end instant on power, too much in fact.
I went to lhs and purchased the castle link cable and reprogrammed the punch control to tame it down. Worked flawlessly. I will go back in for some more fine tuning.
Top end?
well I came from a Carbon Fiber ERCM Picco powered Savage so at this point the Picco wins there. Granted I have done no mods to this flux and am running the smallest lipos available, my Picco had more top end.
For me and how I bash, more low end is better then top that I rarely use. Theres no doubt the flux wil go faster, I am useing only halph of its capability rite now.
I will be pumping it up with more juice..................

:puke:

traded my dremel for a pc ;)

0614101119.jpg

1st damage

0619100652.jpg

tranmission gear #86097

this was do to either a abrupt stop(hitting fence, house and what ever else is in front of me) or hitting forward too hard while rolling backwards from reverse.

The rest of drive train is flawless.

I used one out of my old 2 speed same gear~ :)

Nice danny .. my HD is holding well. I'm getting that on the HPI pinions though

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back