cooling head replacement for go .28

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi I'm looking for a replacement cooling head for this engine but after lots of searching i can't seem to find one, Is there an alternative brand that will fit? Any help will be very much appreciated, Thanks in advance

Need to see the head button and shim also, unfortunately you may have a tough time finding parts for that :ercm:
Most likely just replace the whole thing with an LRP .28 and be finished with it.....

Yeh i thort that may be the case, lrp .28 is that the best upgrade? thank for your advice
Sure isn't the worst. :)

That said, can probably use some other head on there. The button would be the more annoying thing to replace/find an alternate for.

Really though, why bother? Just take a hack saw and cut the broken fin off and call it a day. I did that on my brand new LRP28 in my revo just for ground clearance on a roll over. lol
2016-1210-RevoBB-EngineSideTop.jpg

Now, when it's on it's roof, the roll bar and wing make contact before the head does with about 1/2 inch to spare.

Sure isn't the worst. :)

That said, can probably use some other head on there. The button would be the more annoying thing to replace/find an alternate for.

Really though, why bother? Just take a hack saw and cut the broken fin off and call it a day. I did that on my brand new LRP28 in my revo just for ground clearance on a roll over. lol
2016-1210-RevoBB-EngineSideTop.jpg

Now, when it's on it's roof, the roll bar and wing make contact before the head does with about 1/2 inch to spare.

I like your way of thinking lol hack saw sounds fun pmsl, been looking at new engines as I'm building the truck up,, lrp .28 or .32? this Go .28 was in there when i bought the truck and it runs sweet, to me it feels quite powerful for the truck but i do need somthing i can get spare parts for

I had a DTS 28 that wasn't worth throwing off a cliff. The LRP28 and 30 I have run in mine did ok, but neither cared for the stock tank at all. I know neither are very economical on fuel and the only thing I can think is that their excess need for fuel is really screwed up with the HTL issue. I ended up running a 125cc buggy tank instead to get them to run right.

The LRP30 in my X is stupid powerful. Will pull 2nd gear wheelies in the grass running 47/17 gearing with traxxas 3.8 chevron tires. I think the last thing I did was put an 18T bell in it before putting it away for the winter. If I didn't put it in, I know I at least bought it. Main purpose was to try and calm down the take off a bit.

gonna have a look at some tank mods it does run low very quick, was reading another thread about tuning on half a tank so I'm going to try that for now, Got to sort these servos first, went to the lhs and got a 10 buck steering servo pmsl takes a football feild to turn lol on the good side at least it don't roll over lol ordered a savox 1256,, next step is some proline wheels and thinking about longer tvp's then i should be ready for a new engine

Latest posts

Members online

Back