Converting Savage X to XL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zep71

now that the X is getting close to being done, i was trying to find out about an XL what are the changes from to X to XL. i have read many post on the internet but none really detail the changes . can of you guys explain it to me?
Thanks...

the frame rails are longer and the center drive shafts are different lengths compared to the x---thats all I can think of right off the top of my head

the frame rails are longer and the center drive shafts are different lengths compared to the x---thats all I can think of right off the top of my head

Just the rear center driveshaft. The front is the same length.

The axles have extensions. The dogbones are bigger, which mean different outdrives.

i have both and don’t see much difference other than the length of the chassis. i think i like the X better in terms of looks. it appears to be more proportional to me.

i have both and don’t see much difference other than the length of the chassis. i think i like the X better in terms of looks. it appears to be more proportional to me.
I just want to add it to my collection. i have an X i am building

Also the Diff Bevel gears are 43T/13T (small size teeth) on the Savage X, while Savage XL has 29T/9T (big size teeth/bullet proof).
I recommend that you use the 29T/9T bullet proof diff bevel gears for any new build.
I have electric versions of both beauties. You will notice that the X performs better when jumping than the XL.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back