Converted nitro Savage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skye Kaptain

Well I bought this Savage off of eBay, as a roller, I had no electronics other than a servo. I ordered a single speed flux conversion for the transmission, but had to flip the gears over and use different pin holes from the15757731586035397462587042404135.jpg average 2 speed conversion. Today I took it out and tried it out on 3s, it drives and handles smooth but was lacking in power.so I installed a BLX 185 ESC temporarily and some temporary dual battery trays that I had from other vehicles, just to test it out and see if it's going to be durable.

Last edited:
So so far it's held up to 6s power, it doesn't seem to have the punch that my flux XL has but it's still good basher and I don't regret the purchase at all.

So here it is with this new factory tires in a nitro body ,starting to look like a Savage.15779946492444829005487819778657.jpg

Hello ther Mr kaptain
I'm goin to convert my sav x to brush
Trying find good engine mount ?
Decided to go with the 2 speed change 100905
So Yer just wondering your thoughts on engine mount .both actually

I actually made my motor mounts and I w went with the single speed conversion and it works good. My transformation was a three speed, so I had to turn the supplied gears over. So far it's been a beast ,I'm running on 6s,I haven't checked the gear ratios of a stock XL transmission and the converted 3-speed,but the XL seems to be geared a little higher.if you have any mechanical skills to take a piece of 2 by 2 aluminum or steel angle iron and drill it out to mount on your nitro motor plate so it will slide,and adjust.

What size motor are you using? I have the castle mmx/2200kv sensored setup in my flux and the motor sticks out the side of the chassis just to fit for mesh. I can't remember the can measurements... 4276 or close to it I think with the fins.

I actually made my motor mounts and I w went with the single speed conversion and it works good. My transformation was a three speed, so I had to turn the supplied gears over. So far it's been a beast ,I'm running on 6s,I haven't checked the gear ratios of a stock XL transmission and the converted 3-speed,but the XL seems to be geared a little higher.if you have any mechanical skills to take a piece of 2 by 2 aluminum or steel angle iron and drill it out to mount on your nitro motor plate so it will slide,and adjust.
I just order the gearbox part.now just need good engine mount

I'm using a 3674,1900kv, it doesn't have as much power is a tork motor,but has plenty ,it'll do standing backflips in the dry grass on 6s.

I think they call these gen 1. I'm unsure I bought it 2nd hand .Was thinking a sensored moter
Yer man just need a good engine mount now

You’ll want to lose that plastic spur gear when you do get it brushless, or else you’re going to “lose” that plastic spur...

This is the engine mount I used when I first converted my one nitro to brushless. I used a Mamba Monster motor from Castle, which was the same motor the Flux came with, just in a different can.

Attachments

• CD8D1339-C816-4013-8818-86DF76825240.png
    CD8D1339-C816-4013-8818-86DF76825240.png
    466.8 KB · Views: 11
Eventually I hope to order a flux factory motor mount, but for right now the homemade one is holding up.

a friend of mine cut a couple pieces of aluminum angle for me,I made an ESC Mount from one the motor mount from the other. I used a couple hard case battery cases for temporary battery boxes just to see if it was going to hold up.

Ok thanks so much
I was hoping that mount would work
Its Preety easy to get I think

a friend of mine cut a couple pieces of aluminum angle for me,I made an ESC Mount from one the motor mount from the other. I used a couple hard case battery cases for temporary battery boxes just to see if it was going to hold up.
Hey ther captain again you said loose the plastic spur gear what size metal 1 should I get man
Sorry bother u again

Ok champ Thank you
Were getting it sorted now mate
Bin looking forward to getting this truck
On road for aboat year an half
Carnt wait start destroying the back yard

16/48 was as low as I could get my flux hp with the rc4me super 5sc transmission with a center diff in it. Wouldn't mind gearing a bit lower, but I can't move the motor enough without a larger spur. That's for 6S running.

With 4S, I ran 21/44 with the MMX/2200kv sensored.

Both was with trencher 3.8's. On 4S, I didn't wrap them, but on 6S, I wrapped them with kevlar cord.

16/48 was as low as I could get my flux hp with the rc4me super 5sc transmission with a center diff in it. Wouldn't mind gearing a bit lower, but I can't move the motor enough without a larger spur. That's for 6S running.

With 4S, I ran 21/44 with the MMX/2200kv sensored.

Both was with trencher 3.8's. On 4S, I didn't wrap them, but on 6S, I wrapped them with kevlar cord.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200106-205415_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20200106-205415_Facebook.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 12
Yeah the Tork motor and blur ESC in flux vehicles is Castle rebranded. It looks like you aren't messing around .??that thing should be a beast.

If you want to run 6S, I'd suggest running a lower kv motor really. My castle 2200kv gets pretty hot when running on 6S. It was fine on 4S without a fan or anything with the gearing I mentioned.

I ran a similar motor (traxxas rebranded castle 2200kv) on my ERBEv2 and on 6S, it also ran pretty warm. I recently put an arrma blx2050kv on it instead, but haven't had a lot of run time yet. What run time I had, it was cooler outside, so I don't have a good gauge as to how it will do when it's warmer outside. As it was, I ran it hard at my grass bmx track (with a fan from my 2200kv) at 45F and the warmest I saw as 130F on the motor.

I'm still running the castle sensored 2200kv on my savage flux on 6S, added a hack of a fan to help with temps, but it does get pretty warm (160F-165F) according to the logs.

If you want to run 6S, I'd suggest running a lower kv motor really. My castle 2200kv gets pretty hot when running on 6S. It was fine on 4S without a fan or anything with the gearing I mentioned.

I ran a similar motor (traxxas rebranded castle 2200kv) on my ERBEv2 and on 6S, it also ran pretty warm. I recently put an arrma blx2050kv on it instead, but haven't had a lot of run time yet. What run time I had, it was cooler outside, so I don't have a good gauge as to how it will do when it's warmer outside. As it was, I ran it hard at my grass bmx track (with a fan from my 2200kv) at 45F and the warmest I saw as 130F on the motor.

I'm still running the castle sensored 2200kv on my savage flux on 6S, added a hack of a fan to help with temps, but it does get pretty warm (160F-165F) according to the logs.
I will have to keep eye on temps I guess.
it's so bloody hot here at moment Carnt wait till it cools down.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back