Coby's Brushless Conversion!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohmygahitscoby

Rollin' like a Big Shot
Hey guys,

I am starting a brushless build on my FLM Savage.

Things I have ordered so far:
TCS TVPs
Flux battery boxes
Flux motor plate and mount

Things will be getting:
MMM and ??? motor/Flux 2200kv combo
44T idler gear
??? LiPos
??? Charger (Maybe Hyperion)

Will keep you all updated.

nq76fd.jpg

TVPs^^^

you can get the MMM for $242 shipped now BUT the motor mount requires modification.... the flux motor and esc are much more expensive but no mods needed.... big decision lol

you can get the MMM for $242 shipped now BUT the motor mount requires modification.... the flux motor and esc are much more expensive but no mods needed.... big decision lol

Out of them I think I may go Flux because I suck at modding.

From what I see on you're thread, you had to shave a full mm all around right? I believe the MMM motor is 40mm dia., so does this mean the mount is 36mm dia.? I was looking at a MedUsa or Feigao motor if I wanna go budget, but I am leaning more towards the MMM/Flux combo.

Last edited by a moderator:
you need noise!!! LMAO....got luck on the project dude.......

Aww man, first problem. So I was planning on running my LST shocks on this, but the tierod relocation bracket gets in the way. Looks like I'm either modding or trading for BB's. Anyone?

I think I have decided with either Zippy or Polyquest LiPos. For my charger I'm gonna go Hyperion EOS606i. I think I have my mind stuck on Flux combo, but idk yet.

I don't really like the look of black TVPs on this. Considering I have the blue LSTs, aluminum uprights, and soon rear tie rod eliminators, it just doesn't match. If only they had a nice aluminum color. I think I won't notice the color as much with the battery boxes, so we'll see.

I've thought of that, but last time i de-anno'd the TVP's had some uneven places. I also don't want a really polish look on it after sanding it. Idk if after I sand them they will be more polish then the FLMs.

Hey guys,

I have a question. CC recommends at least 4000mah 25c, or 100c continuous discharge.

I am looking at a Zippy 5000mah 30c. Will it be sufficient?
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=9436

'in theory', yes it will. the big question is how does zippy calculate the 30C rating?

you've prob heard by now that there is no set rule or standard to govern the C rating that a batt company claims its packs to have.

you need to be Very careful of this because using batteries with a C-rating lower than recommended by the manufacturer can ultimately fry your system (I'm sure youve seen several pics by now).

from all the research ive done, i wont be trusting my system to any packs other than SMC.

I'm not trying to tell you not to buy these packs, just be careful & research the crap out of it so you don't damage your investment. talk to a lot of people who have used these same packs with your same motor/esc.

ive learned the hard way that sometimes saving a buck on the front end can cost you significantly more down the road.

Woah, I just did a quick check on eBay and SMC LiPos have great prices. $79.95 for a 6000MaH 2S1P 28C Hardcase. I am definitely going SMC. Thanks man!

I went ahead and bought the charger first with the money I already had. When I get my paycheck tomorrow I'll buy the LiPos. I am planning on getting SMC Sport Max LiPos 6000mah 2S 28C. Great deal for $80 each. Maybe Baddasz can send me the link for the good deal on a set of 3S 5500's.

hey coby i got those zippy that you linked in the first post. well not yet but there coming. I'm hoping that they work good. everyone ive talked to over at savage central loves them. i wanted the SMC's but theres a new line coming out shortly I'm holding out for. they will be my second set.

Those SMC packs you posted are only 3200mah.

Keep me posted on those zippy packs. Idk if I still want them or not. I got my eye on some SMC 6000 batts.

from my research the SMC packs are great, i don't think you could go wrong. i just wanted to take to un-chartered route since i liked the price.

The price is what interested me too. I saw some guys on heli forums saying they liked them, but then after more research I find more threads that have less liking on them.

Got some pictures with the new TVPs.
167tgsk.png

axeasj.png

2nb8v9j.png

Next things to buy:
Integy rear tierod elims
PRC Flux plate (Will it work on these without modifications?)
SMC 2S LiPos
Brushless System.

no it wont coby, you will need to drill a hole in each tvp for the rear mount of the plate like i did.

which plate coby the motor or servo?
The servo plate one. I already ordered the motor plate and I think it should be in this week along with the battery box.

no it wont coby, you will need to drill a hole in each tvp for the rear mount of the plate like i did.

Aww man. The only thing that doesn't require modding is that radio box huh. I think I'll just go ahead and mod them. I think I have an idea of how exactly I am going to find the holes.

Thanks guys!

Thanks man. I'm 100% sure I have my eyes on SMC Sport Max Packs. I might get two 9000mah ones if Badd isn't fast enough for them. If not, then eBay has 6000mah ones that are $80 each.

I run a set of SMC C-Max 40C 5200mah packs for my E-Savage and I love them. Have yet to get the MMM for it but will be sick. I have ran them in a flux and a bl-e-revo and they are awesome packs.

SMC is the way to go hands down. When it comes to LiPo's ya pay for what ya get!

Savage001.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back