clutch bell

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saviel02

guys!

i have a problem with my savage xl clutch bell tooth being worn out. 2 times i change it
the clearance between the spur gear and the bell gear is correct but i cannot figure out why its always happening

thanks is advance for the answers GOD bless !

You need a hardened clutch bell if running metal spur. Check engine plate has no cracks as they do go allowing engine to move a fraction.

guys!

i have a problem with my savage xl clutch bell tooth being worn out. 2 times i change it
the clearance between the spur gear and the bell gear is correct but i cannot figure out why its always happening

thanks is advance for the answers GOD bless !
Post is meaningless without pics !

You need a hardened clutch bell if running metal spur. Check engine plate has no cracks as they do go allowing engine to move a fraction.
thanks ! ! !

Also keep in mind the savage clutch bells are shorter in length than typical 1/8 buggy clutchbells. With 1/8 buggy bells its most likely the hub face of the clutchbell will rub on the face of the spur gear (the oem hpi plastic spurs) . If you have an aftermarket steel spur there might be enough clearence. Just a heads up.

If he's running the HPI steel spur, it's pretty thin, so should be ok:
2019-0429-SavageX-LRP30-38Trenchers-gearing-15T47T.jpg

I forgot their bells were a bit shorter. Or I didn't notice because I never ran a stock engine and things lined up different anyway.

Sometimes you can remove metal from the back of the tapered flywheel collar to move everything away from the spur, but you also need to add clutchbell shims to the crank end to make up for the diference.

Latest posts

Members online

Back