clutch bell 15 tooth

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rubenator80

Would i be ok using a 52T spur gear on a 15 tooth clutch bell? Please advise. Thanks

What engine/tires are you running? Just curious.

The only time I ran that low of gearing is many years ago when I ran an OS21RG. Wasn't a stump puller of an engine, but it was reliable and last a long time. I ran standard old HPI tires back then.

What engine/tires are you running? Just curious.

The only time I ran that low of gearing is many years ago when I ran an OS21RG. Wasn't a stump puller of an engine, but it was reliable and last a long time. I ran standard old HPI tires back then.

I have an older savage. I believe its a savage 21 with the f4.1 engine. My truck is the one on my profile pic and those are the tires I'm running on it.

Ah, I see. 15/52 fits fine. Won't be too fast, but still fun.

I just received a 17T bell for mine. It's running a 47T spur. It tops out pretty quick with 16/47. I have an 18T bell, but figured I'd try 17T first to see how I like it. I spend a lot of time in grass and don't want to overdo it and make things run hot.

So if i went with 16t bell and 47t spur gear. My truck will go faster? And do i need to do any modification?

No mods needed. In theory, yes. It will be geared faster. But, if your running a weaker engine, it won't do much other than run hot and be a dog to drive.

I'm running an LRP28S3 in my savage-X. A fairly potent engine.

What gearing do you have now? It's cheaper to experiment with spur gears.

This truck was given to me. I'm faily new to this rc world and i like it. So I'm thinking everything is stock on my truck. That's why I'm just asking what is good out there. I was actually looking into getting the LRP28.

This is my truck

Attachments

• 20151026_072147.jpg
    20151026_072147.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 20151026_072132.jpg
    20151026_072132.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 20151026_072123.jpg
    20151026_072123.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 5
What spur/clutchbell do you have now? I don't know what "stock" is as I've never had a "stock" savage. You can count the teeth on the bell and the spur should have a number stamped into the front of it somewhere.

Oh, I thought you were wanting to buy something new, not ask if what you had installed already will work ok.

Yes, it should work ok.

If it runs ok (doesn't over heat) and shifts ok but seems to top out pretty quickly while the engine sounds like it can take more, then try a smaller spur like a 49T and see how it does.

The grey boxes are combinations that will fit the chassis. So, you can use a 49/52 spur with a 15 bell.

2015-1106-HPISavageGearingChart.jpg

I'm currently running a 47T and 16T bell on my savage-x, so not sure if it's built a bit different or what.

Last edited:
Oh, I thought you were wanting to buy something new, not ask if what you had installed already will work ok.

Yes, it should work ok.

If it runs ok (doesn't over heat) and shifts ok but seems to top out pretty quickly while the engine sounds like it can take more, then try a smaller spur like a 49T and see how it does.

The grey boxes are combinations that will fit the chassis. So, you can use a 49/52 spur with a 15 bell.

2015-1106-HPISavageGearingChart.jpg

I'm currently running a 47T and 16T bell on my savage-x, so not sure if it's built a bit different or what.

Latest posts

Members online

Back