Cleaning Truck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevinmuff

When cleaning my savage, should i remove the engine, and servos/control box?
then i should be able to spray it all down, right?

Na I leave everything I just use a air compressor to blow it off really well after I spray it down, Youll be fine ..

You don't necessarily have to disassemble your truck to clean it. You can if you like but I usually just spray it down with windex, 409, or mostly wd40 then blow it off with air. wiping the residue with a rag. When I have to take my truck apart for repairs is about the only time mine get a good thourough clean. spraying it off with the hose is not a good idea unless you do plan to remove the motor and radio gear. Just be sure to blow it all off real good and lube the bearings well. This is why I like wd40 and air it cleans and lubes plus the oils in it make the plastic look new.

I just wash the whole thing with water (don't let water into the radio box) but my radio box is the Savage 25 radio box so its nearly sealed! After washing I keep it standing on two tires , two on the wall and let the water get dripped off and I spray the whole thing with WD40 !

What i have been doing is spraying on Simple Green first then using a old tooth brush I scrub all of the dirt and grime then spray some Denatured Alcohol and top it off with a good once over with my air compressor. I was using WD-40 and it made the truck look like new, but after a bit it really seemed to build up too much dirt. At the very least i hit the trucks with the air compressor after every run. For me its one hour of playing and one hour of maintenance, but too me its all fun!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back