cleaning my savage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cajundomino

i was wondering what the best way to clean my savage xl after a hard days bashing. all the road grime and oil from the fuel is hard to get off.
thanks matt

instead of wd40 i use brake cleaner and an air compressor sometimes gasoline for really stubborn dirt and other stuff

I am kinda picky about this, but I take out the batt box, take off the front and rear assemblies and clean the three pieces with a 50% simple green/water solution and a hose. Dry off with an air compressor, light spray of WD-40 and air dry again. takes about an hour and a half to do 2 complete trucks.

I use a little Water.denatured alcohol, wd-40 Mix works great. Then put into a spray bottle and spray well getting the little nooks and cranny's extra well then blowing it off with the air compressor. You can also add a little simple green for even better results.

thanks for the tips guys my lhs sold me a can of NITRO FORCE it works great but at almost 7 bucks a can i new threr was a better way. thanks agian Matt

All the above suggestions work great...just remember to think green when washing stuff off with chemicals. If you ever watched an animal die of accidental poisoning you will know why I bring it up. Brake cleaner is awesome but it takes paint off concrete. Purple power and simple green are enviro friendly and work great.

Simple Green contains water and will rust the bearings if it gets in them. Thats why I like WD-40. But I agree. the less you use the better. A light coat of WD is all you need.

i remove the mill and elec, and toss it in the tub with dishsoap....have a small pump and hose to wash er down. then wd-40 the bearings etc etc

Latest posts

Members online

Back