Cleaning & Maintenance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ocremy

i can feel my heart beats.. when i am driving this sav thinging..
2nd time.. hehe
you know.. i live in a city, no space to drive sav..
my backyard(?) is only 150sq n m payin 35k per month for morg
and i have to drive 15mins to find a small park.. and its crouded....
Any Calis? who lives in Los Angeles?
anywayz.. for cleaning and stuffs.....

1. after run oil.
*where do you put this oil thinging? fuel tank? few drops? and do you run the engine? if you don't run the engine just pour it out? this is a must?

2. after run nitro spray.
*do you spray it to my sav and let it dry? all parts? is it just for dirt removing?

and whats the max temp? that sav engine can take? how do you cool it?

thanks in advance

After run oil - 2 to 3 drops in the carb as well as pull the glow plug and a few drops in there. After the day is done.

Nitro spray - used after you have finished bashing, racing anytime the truck get's dirty hose it down with nitro spray and it's dries real fast

270 is climbing the hill. 220 -240 avg. How do you cool it - Keep it rich hence lower temps. After ea tank let it sit a bit. It will cool off pretty quick. To save money for cleaning loose the spray and use this concoction.

2 parts denatured alcohol
1 part simple green
1 cap full wd40
always shake the bottle prior to use.

If you have an air compressor use it after you spray it down.

After run oil, put a few drops down your carb with the throttle open and a few down your glow plug hole then crank the engine over a few times.

After run spray, I never used the stuff. But from my understanding you just spray the dirt off and shes good to go.

Temp sweet spot is between 230 - 260ish, max temps are variable. Some people have savvy engines running at 300 for months because it won't run strong otherwise. But I didn't like my engine over 270.

As for cooling, cooling is done by either increased airflow by cutting a hole in the windshield. Or... you may be running to lean and you need to richen the mix some.

I just used 1 bottle of nitro blast cleaner... this cost me about $6...... i can't use $6 per run...
so.. i decided to use opa ong's receipe.. but what is the ratio of the mix? i don't understand exact ratio... sorry to bother you guys...
thanks again..

For example:
1. Denatured alcohol use 2 cups
2. Simple Green use 1 cup
3. WD40 use 1 cap

Add all that into a spray bottle shake and use followed up by an air compressor. I saw this a couple yrs ago on the forum then a couple months agao I saw it in a RC Magazine.

Heres what I do:

Remove the tires and clean them in my deep sink with soap and water.

Remove the radio box and engine

Then hose the entire truck very well

Then set your truck on your deck or whatever and let it air dry

If you have an air compressor use that as well

I do this every 2 months or so, no need to clean it that much unless it's caked with mud or something.

Ocremy - Given that there are ways to clean which way did you decide? I saw that concoction in RC Action mag. Works good enough for me. However there is no subtitute for having to break the entire truck down for a thorough cleaning.

Good tips, I will be sure to use the liquid ratio issue. I just bought some after run spray and used most of the bottle, but then again it was pretty dirty due to little bit of mud.
I used a toothbrush to get some of the mud and dirt off, and it workd out pretty good. I also cleaned the air filter according to the manual.

Latest posts

Members online

Back